Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

14 hours ago, henry7184 said:

Oh God, don't do this to me. There are THE two - Vanguard '87 and Inferno that my broken heart will never heal from. The funny thing is, these two shows are probably still in my top 5 favorite shows of all time, and another spot in that top 5 belongs to '87 Garfield. Just as I can't take that '87 victory away from Garfield, I can't take it away from Devils. Two years it could have gone either way. Still the pain is real and will always be there.

I was so beyond devastated at finals in '87 and 2015. 

I don't buy Crown was off or flat at finals in 2015. It's like one person said it and everyone else bought into it.

They had legitimate electronics issues and the run suffered as a result. Even crown members will tell you it was not their best 

19 hours ago, BWise said:

Packed flight in from Atlanta .. ppl are here!!! 
Saw lots of Crownies!!! 

I’m an airline pilot, flights everywhere have been packed for several months.   Normally it’s busy in the summer but this summer is crazy.    

• Like 2

It’s so good to see competitive drum corps back in LOS. Leave it all out there tonight Crown!!

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, wigwam said:

I’m an airline pilot, flights everywhere have been packed for several months.   Normally it’s busy in the summer but this summer is crazy.    

Yeah I travel ton for work .. like all over the world . And it’s been nuts everywhere. And not really fun .. literally not one seat open on a 75 yesterday coming up here. Pretty good crowd for early prelims. I’d say normal. 

• Like 1

I don't remember if ever that going into prelims about how the 2nd-4th place spots will end up. It's been since Allentown that they were all together and so much could've happened between then and now. Will Crown retain 2nd....will they drop to 3rd or even 4th.  It's gunna be them that is the deciding factor...at least that's what I think. I can see them passing both BAC and Bloo. I can see BAC go back to 2nd...the only thing I will say is I don't think BAC will fall behind Bloo. Though I want to say Crown has worked on cleaning things up and will surely keep their spot, I'm sure those other two corps have done the same so it's a big question for tonight. 

Either way it's gunna be a night of high emotions and watching those kids working hard at having fun and entertaining all of us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WildcatMello said:

I don't remember if ever that going into prelims about how the 2nd-4th place spots will end up. It's been since Allentown that they were all together and so much could've happened between then and now. Will Crown retain 2nd....will they drop to 3rd or even 4th.  It's gunna be them that is the deciding factor...at least that's what I think. I can see them passing both BAC and Bloo. I can see BAC go back to 2nd...the only thing I will say is I don't think BAC will fall behind Bloo. Though I want to say Crown has worked on cleaning things up and will surely keep their spot, I'm sure those other two corps have done the same so it's a big question for tonight. 

Either way it's gunna be a night of high emotions and watching those kids working hard at having fun and entertaining all of us. 

Exactly. Exciting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

It’s so good to see competitive drum corps back in LOS. Leave it all out there tonight Crown!!

Over the past couple of days, I’ve been researching what handicapper are saying—here, YouTube, you name—and the overwhelming projection is Crown out of the medals. The credentials of said prognosticators runs the gamut, but more than a few, I have observed over the years, to be pretty unbiased and quite knowledgeable.

And this is where I make reference to the second sentence of TB19’s quote. “Leave it all…”

Crown’s a dark horse. Get on that field and frk’n Blow it out!! If they can connect with the audience, the synergy feedback loop created could push the very design limits of LOS.

Sure, extreme hyperbole there, but I really believe the audience response will be one for the ages. We saw/heard the love for BTS in ‘19, and that closer has nothing on this.

Placements be d###ed!!!!

To paraphrase the words of the inimitable Dennis Delucia: The place [will be] ELECTRIC!!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BWise said:

IT’S A SHOW DAY !!!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

👑🔥👑🔥Go CROWN!🔥👑🔥👑

While I was up early and wanted to get-in a comment for day 1 of prelims, I left that for you. You’ve been the unofficial show day announcer all season.

Certain traditions should remain unchanged.

Have the time of your life in Indy!!!!

• Like 1