Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

7 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

At LOS, the crowd was GREAT! Standing O for the ballad and from the Crown set to the end and long after. 

The old farts up in 300 sections  .. were just not fired up.  Im not sure where you are. DM me and I’ll come say hi if you want The first hit the ballad .. the closer ppl were enjoying but it was somewhat muted in the FoDCI section. I was on my feet for sure. 
quick thoughts from LOS top four:
 Blue Devils have gotten their show clean. Lots of great moments .. some not so great.  But they’re executing the formula. Hard to beat.

BAC .. Tonight reiterated, with 4th in perc 3rd in Brass 3rd in VP and VA , 4th in MA .. the guard is carrying the corps in visual and GE .. all I heard around me was guard guard guard. So smart move from BAC.  Low risk low reward marching.  High risk high reward guard. 
Bloo .. they sold it to the crowd.. great VP and #2 perc this could be  a battle each night if GE is flippy floppy with Crown. 
Crown -  still love the show but it was quicksand. VP must make a big jump. Guard .. idk 4th? So if those two are hitting 4th GE is tough to pull off. Saw holes . More than others. Fully believe they can medal but bring it .. come in hot.

So much from the no nothing in sect 339.. Go Crown. 

Edited by BWise
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

At LOS, the crowd was GREAT! Standing O for the ballad and from the Crown set to the end and long after. 

23 minutes ago, BWise said:

The old farts up in 300 sections  .. were just not fired up.  Im not sure where you are. DM me and I’ll come say hi if you want. There are two more big shows. The first hit the ballad .. the closer ppl were enjoying but it was somewhat muted in the FoDCI section. I was on my feet for sure. 

Wherein live, in person DCI performance attendance shares a tenet of real estate.

Three words: location, location, location.

Hopefully Crown can light up the whole joint by Saturday night!

Edited by nsxanax

¡Today Is A Show Day!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

LET’S GO CROWN!!!

👑🔥👑🔥👑🔥👑🔥👑🔥👑

Edited by BWise
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

Moss has been killing Crown in VP all year and  Fabrizio has had BD's brass ahead of Crown's all year too. We will see what happens. I thought the trouble spots were better but other stuff was shaky. Seemed weird. Maybe the lack of crowd involvement threw them off as the Allentown crowd was all in for the show.

Same brass judge as Allentown, same opinion. Brass out-achieving content. Let’s see what tonight brings. 

• Like 2

Big night for everybody, but especially critical for Crown:

• If they’re gonna have a say about the Ott, gotta deliver tonight. After last night, and unless they could open a good spread [entirely unrealistic at this point], going to have to go two for two.
  • Bronze still in play. Gold and silver look to be set. Speaking of third, we’re splitting hairs close. For now.
  • Would like to believe that Crown controls their own destiny re Ott and final placement, and a couple of monumental runs would guarantee those two accomplishments. But at least with respect to bronze I’ve no doubt the Hopper/Reid project have similar designs on their route to success.
  • In the spirit of full disclosure, I am a fan of Bloo’s program. Loved it at NightBEAT. Want Crown to jump’em of course, but won’t be shocked if it doesn’t shake out that way.
  • Got a couple nights left, but I fear the Crown naysayers might rule the day. Don’t foresee the doom and gloom some predict in South Mills if another Crown show places out of the money, but I know many of us started ‘22 with expectations for a stronger finish.
  • Final disclosure: personally love RHRN more than any show since Relentless in ‘16. Not sure how well it will age, but it’ll be on my playlist far beyond this season.

They looked good out in the lot .. seemed cool and collected. Whew maybe I’m old but that snare line looked super young .. they’ll get a good run tonight and excited for them. 
LOS record attendance last night and tonight.  House is full. 

Edited by BWise
  • Thanks 1

What’s with launch delay???

3 minutes ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

Brass much better than yesterday. Chip on their shoulder today 

Same with the guard!

• Like 1