Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

One last thing before I pass out. This design team is close. I feel like they put out too complete of a show to begin with and not adding anything substantial hurt them as others kept adding things that boosted their GE scores. It's close. They will break through soon

• Like 2

Well… in person it was better tonight but I really feared even from the preview show  ”could they clean this drill?” .. which is absolutely requisite to pull GE and Viz out of the RHRN genie bottle. Seems to be not likely. Which is tough. If this was really crisp and executed it would medal but .. just not happening I fear. And the tide turned on this show the more the judges have seen it. 
I’ll eat my crow tmrw.  But still really proud of the work put in by the corps to put this on the field. There is not a lot of middle ground with the concept .. either you like it or not.  One of the grandfathers of DCP said about a month ago the judges have “fallen in line” on this show.  No bueno. 

Around my seats most ppl love the show .. as entertaining.. but you get into the nitty gritty of what judges want to see and it gets difficult .. I think we will see one other corps learn how far entertainment value will get you .. particularly with the old Crown design team.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Flguardman said:

Did they add making the Crown tonight with the Orange Fabric. I don’t remember them doing that last night.

Yeah it was there 

• Like 1

Ya'll... chin up! Crown was great tonight. The scores do not matter. All of you have voiced your love and excitement for the show and I think it's shown through the screen and even these forums at times! I've always quietly enjoyed this show all season bc I don't care what people think. If you watched that ceremony happening as they announce the scores there's corps from top to bottom visible (some not even in top 12). Not one of em is having a ##### fit. and that says it all doesn't it? 🙂 Crown is so so fantastic and we all know it, especially the people that like to irritate ya'll so much about them ;) just remember that before you let them ruffle your feathers!

Edited by squarepush
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, DrummerParent said:

I’ve been at quite a few shows.  The crowd has cheered Crown louder than any corps at every show.

To be fair, the crowd is amped up for select corps before they even take the field and regardless of how they do! Quite the following. Crown, bloo and Phantom are the ones who get that automatic reception imo. It’s a great thing!

Edited by Den8uml

26 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

To be fair, the crowd is amped up for select corps before they even take the field and regardless of how they do! Quite the following. Crown, bloo and Phantom are the ones who get that automatic reception imo. It’s a great thing!

I'm trying to remember when Crown joined that group of automatic reception...I know Triple Crown had a huge fan response...that's the first show I really took notice of them. I remember the fan response when it was announced that Blue Devils won the Ott in 2012, then immediately after the announcer said "We have a correction, we have a correction, best brass....Carolina Crown." The fans went nuts.  That mistake was taken out of the finals ceremony that's on the dvd. I believe there's an unedited one on youtube 

Sorry....I strayed away from the what I asked. 😖

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WildcatMello said:

I'm trying to remember when Crown joined that group of automatic reception...I know Triple Crown had a huge fan response...that's the first show I really took notice of them. I remember the fan response when it was announced that Blue Devils won the Ott in 2012, then immediately after the announcer said "We have a correction, we have a correction, best brass....Carolina Crown." The fans went nuts.  That mistake was taken out of the finals ceremony that's on the dvd. I believe there's an unedited one on youtube 

Sorry....I strayed away from the what I asked. 😖

I agree that “Triple Crown” made everyone take notice of Crown. In 2009 Crown was first seen as a contender with “The Grass is always Greener” but I would say that 2011 and “Rach Star” was when it was evident that Crown became, get ready for a shameless pun, rock stars. The show appealed to a younger crowd, featured a brass performance that impressed seasoned fans, and had an overall likability that has continued over the years.

• Like 2

TODAY IS THE FINAL SHOW DAY!

❤️💕❤️💕❤️💕❤️💕❤️💕❤️

LET’S GO CROWN!

👑🔥👑🔥👑🔥👑🔥👑🔥👑

Edited by BWise
  • Like 1

Great crowd response last night. Oohs and aahs for the brass playing through the fabric. Big standing "O" for the ballad. And, of course, a longer one for the Crown set to the end.

I was in sect 139. Your mileage may vary. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1