Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

47 minutes ago, DrummerParent said:

An excellent point.  Saying a world class percussion group that finished 7th “stunk” is quite an exaggeration and not only an insult to that Crown percussion group but every group that finished 8th and below.  I assume this “Drum Corps is a Bust” person is maybe 11 years old though so I don’t pay them too much mind.

You know what they say about assumptions . . . ad hominem.

1 hour ago, nsxanax said:

Props to Bloo this year. That keytar feature is crazy good.

Show stopper even.

To me it is by far the best movement in drum corps this season. Just a master class by Bloo’s design staff 

To quote Ralph Waldo Emerson “Its the not the Destination, It's the journey.” BD, Bloo, BAC, SCV, Cadets, etc... all have shows about a journey - an arc that draws you into and through an experience that leads to new places or understandings. Not that all shows need an explicit narrative journey to be engaging, but RHRN seems all destination and we don't get the satisfaction of getting drawn into any particularly special RHRN moment (ala BK 2014 That One Second) over the course of the show.  I think this has made it hard for Crown to layer and deepen the show as the season progressed. They do perform the heck out of it though!

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

That’s sort of the point. It isn’t inviting it. It gets it.

The idea that the crowd contributes to the show CONTENT is not new. And they made a good run at it, it just doesn’t work. And when your entire show concept IS audience involvement…

What I do think was the really big mistake is not changing it. They just kept rolling the same thing out night after night with the same results. 

Audience participation is getting people to move their arms during the breakdown section and snapping during the ballad. Standing up and clapping at the end of the keytar solo is a reaction not participation as someone already stated

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

Inferno was a story.

E=mc2 was a story.

I guess I meant even more recent. 
Ghostlight not story
Babylon not story

Metamorph not story

Downside Up not story

Ink not story 

etc