Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

7 hours ago, B-Flat said:

I second this.  I cannot wait to see how it all comes together in a total package.  Honestly this might become my favorite crown show ever and that's tough because it would have to unseat 2012.

I get the same vibe.  OK gotta block out some time for that preview performance and maybe a day or two at GWebb.  DCP party at Sand Banana Beach anyone?

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Thanks! Looking forward to it, and it's ok for "we" fans to get excited about a season before it starts.

There are a few of us that have been around the corps in the preseason for quite sometime. I don’t know that I would say they are “better”, and it’s difficult to compare one group to the next in preseason, but technically I haven’t heard a group this good, this early. And as for the show design, it’s definitely different. A lot more notes than were a custom to in a drum corps show, and that’s saying a lot for Crown. It follows the same kind of vibe we’ve got from Crown sense 2017, but takes it in a totally different direction while trying to hook the crowd as well. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, B-Flat said:

I second this.  I cannot wait to see how it all comes together in a total package.  Honestly this might become my favorite crown show ever and that's tough because it would have to unseat 2012.

Almost impossible for me.  I watched it again yesterday. 

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Almost impossible for me.  I watched it again yesterday. 

Have to agree. While having been a fan of DCI since its inception, I was a bit late to the Crown party [‘05ish]; my first NightBEAT was 2013.

To that end, I’ve watched 2012’s production more than I can count at this point. 

Silver medal notwithstanding, “FTCG” was one for the ages. The chord resolution during the closer—as Dr. Joe would observe the next season—a revelation of pure sonic accuracy and purity.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

Have to agree. While having been a fan of DCI since its inception, I was a bit late to the Crown party [‘05ish]; my first NightBEAT was 2013.

To that end, I’ve watched 2012’s production more than I can count at this point. 

Silver medal notwithstanding, “FTCG” was one for the ages. The chord resolution during the closer—as Dr. Joe would observe the next season—a revelation of pure sonic accuracy and purity.

It was an otherworldly brass performance at semis.  I thought I was going to cry.

• Like 4

All corps are better than last season but some corps are more better than last season than others?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

There are a few of us that have been around the corps in the preseason for quite sometime. I don’t know that I would say they are “better”, and it’s difficult to compare one group to the next in preseason, but technically I haven’t heard a group this good, this early. And as for the show design, it’s definitely different. A lot more notes than were a custom to in a drum corps show, and that’s saying a lot for Crown. It follows the same kind of vibe we’ve got from Crown sense 2017, but takes it in a totally different direction while trying to hook the crowd as well. 

I hope the show design matches the musical book..