Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

7 hours ago, valjean said:

Themes and intent are totally overrated. Put together a great show and everything else will fall into place. 

Crown's brass in 2019 was absolutely sizzling, can't wait to hear them this summer.

I agree. Themes are definitely Overrated. When I listen to audio I personally don't care about the theme at all. A show can have a theme and not flow well. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, rchitectburd23BD01 said:

I agree. Themes are definitely Overrated. When I listen to audio I personally don't care about the theme at all. A show can have a theme and not flow well. 

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Cough cough Stoned Awakening Awakening Stoned whatever that was cough cough

Now I'm sitting here wondering if Terri brings this show up as an example of a show that had a theme and did not flow well or a counter example of a show that didn't really have a theme but flowed fine.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Cough cough Stoned Awakening Awakening Stoned whatever that was cough cough

5 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Now I'm sitting here wondering if Terri brings this show up as an example of a show that had a theme and did not flow well or a counter example of a show that didn't really have a theme but flowed fine.

I'll weigh in on the "Awakening"  show.  I thought I was "stoned" the entire show smoking the "devil's lettuce".  I liked the music but the theme & guard uniform (statue) were just stupid.  Really hard to watch & what's the term? "Cheesy"?  

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I'll weigh in on the "Awakening"  show.  I thought I was "stoned" the entire show smoking the "devil's lettuce".  I liked the music but the theme & guard uniform (statue) were just stupid.  Really hard to watch & what's the term? "Cheesy"?  

That's kinda my confusion. That show really didn't have a theme. It was just some guy in a speedo and body paint making poses and some creepy ### mannequins set to some rather nice music

• Like 1

On 5/31/2022 at 7:59 AM, KVG_DC said:

I don’t know and no one else can, either. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Haha 2

I’m at GWU right now and the brass is not playing around this year

• Like 6

Thank you for the status report, yeah from what I have seen I completely agree on the brass not playing around. I can't wait to hear chandelier on the field, I know it sounds amazing on the field when the right ensemble does the right arrangement of it, and from what I have seen they have an awesome arrangement of it. Can't wait to hear and see more as the summer goes on.  

• Like 1