Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

11 minutes ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

Referring to someone saying the brass and guard judges were off and BD people laughing at him. Not necessarily a specific comment

We all know who that d###### is!

• Haha 1

Exhibit A here is Henry who laughed and liked my last post about what they were doing. It’s not that hard to see. It’s getting a bit much so ✌️ out from a thread I thought would just be for Crown people to talk about Crown things. But I guess not. Hope people are happy about driving people off of a website when it’s drum corps and people feel need to make it more than an activity we all love and enjoy watching. Never have I seen a more toxic environment on DCP than this year

Edited by TigerBaritone19
  • Like 1

Lots of comments about toxic behavior.

I used to run a Rivals.com SEC football forum. This is a church picnic compared to that.

DCP has thousands of members and on any given Saturday night, thousands of posts. The vast, VAST majority are super nice and very fun to be around. Thank god we are done with the Hopkins era, the Scouts controversy, and yes even the Bluecoats costume brouhaha. Easier said than done I know, but ignore the trolls.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Cappybara said:

Let me get this straight. You’re upset because 

1. Someone used a laugh reaction on a post

2. Fans of BD dared to VIEW the thread??! 

At some point we really have to ask ourselves why we are taking small things like this so seriously and personally 

Again, the ones that reacted to that post, specifically one, confirmed that it’s what they were trying to do. I’m not saying it’s all BD fans. I haven’t called you out because you seem to be a good person from what I can tell online. But there is zero point in people coming to do that. It’s not just tonight either. That’s why a few of us are taking time off from this forum. I don’t usually take offense to such things but it’s been pretty constant the past week. It’s just toxic and I don’t need it. I was enjoying the season and Crown being back in contention but it’s getting soured because of some on here

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

Again, the ones that reacted to that post, specifically one, confirmed that it’s what they were trying to do. I’m not saying it’s all BD fans. I haven’t called you out because you seem to be a good person from what I can tell online. But there is zero point in people coming to do that. It’s not just tonight either. That’s why a few of us are taking time off from this forum. I don’t usually take offense to such things but it’s been pretty constant the past week. It’s just toxic and I don’t need it. I was enjoying the season and Crown being back in contention but it’s getting soured because of some on here

I have a couple of BD fans on Ignore here, stretching back a few years when Bluecoats was beating them and they just couldn’t keep their mouths shut. It is what it is. You’re always gonna have a few of those people on a forum this big.

I’m a big crownie and I’m just gonna share my thoughts real quick. I’ll admit, I haven’t gotten the chance to see BD live yet so I can’t say whether the judging is accurate or not, from the flo streams it seemed they weren’t that good in comparison, but in person I’d way different. I believe Boston is more well rounded than we are, they have one of the best guards and drumlines in the activity, they’re a monster this year. While I do think some parts of Crown’s production has been overshadowed such as our brass content, visual content, and ge in some regards, I think we can appreciate the success other corps are having as well. Whether you think Boston should’ve beat Crown or not, they’re doing great things and I’m happy to see them doing well this year. Troopers underrated though

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

i started this season as a non-enjoyer of Crown's show. it has thankfully grown on me quite a bit. while i do think it still needs a bit of cleaning (who doesn't) the big issue is the Battery. they are really trying hard, i can tell, and they are truly working extremely hard, but i don't know if it's a too difficult book issue or what, but they really are the big thing holding back right now. i can't wait to see how they grow over the next few weeks with Judges critique and work for a better show. Crown has me captivated and i am rooting for them no matter what though!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Lots of comments about toxic behavior.

I used to run a Rivals.com SEC football forum. This is a church picnic compared to that.

DCP has thousands of members and on any given Saturday night, thousands of posts. The vast, VAST majority are super nice and very fun to be around. Thank god we are done with the Hopkins era, the Scouts controversy, and yes even the Bluecoats costume brouhaha. Easier said than done I know, but ignore the trolls.

Wow & cool!  I used to be a long-time reader rivals.com but never posted.  Didn't really start posting on DCP until a couple of years ago but I've read it for years. Go SEC!    

9 hours ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

It’s also the fact that as soon as something happens to Crown, we can see who is on the page. So as results came out, there were a few BD people on this thread instead of going to BD’s. Seems like they came here for something because Boston beat Crown tonight 

Some people are far more transparent than they realize.  

• Haha 1