Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

55 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Rocky Top will be heavily associated in people’s minds with the way UT’s band plays it.  I’m not sure whether that is an issue.  

Tennessee Waltz would be classy, but I’m not sure everyone would recognize it.

We know Rocky Top in Tennessee from any version. Wouldn’t have to be the Pride’s version 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, charlie1223 said:

The App in action in San Antonio! So cool!! Coordinated lights with the countdown across the whole audience!! 

https://www.facebook.com/carolinacrown/videos/countdown-with-me-crownliverighthererightnow/1420591565073132/

Cool, glad folks are using it.  I must admit, I did not open it in Lexington.  I am a little too focused on the show and performance.

7 hours ago, charlie1223 said:

The App in action in San Antonio! So cool!! Coordinated lights with the countdown across the whole audience!! 

https://www.facebook.com/carolinacrown/videos/countdown-with-me-crownliverighthererightnow/1420591565073132/

🤩🤩🤩 Thank you for sharing. What an excellent experience for the performers too!!

2 hours ago, skevinp said:

Rocky Top will be heavily associated in people’s minds with the way UT’s band plays it.  I’m not sure whether that is an issue.  

Tennessee Waltz would be classy, but I’m not sure everyone would recognize it.

I believe The Tennessee Waltz is one of the state's songs. Didn't know they had more than one. 

Saw the San Antonio lot and well it's just crazy to think that THIS is a 5th place drum line. 10-15 years ago this is finals level cleanliness but yet we still have 3 weeks left to go in the season. Showed a quad friend of mine who hasn't seen any shows or lots this year and all he could say was "that's not 1st? wtf is 1st doing then?" Keep up the work Crown!

On another note, Boston is just ridiculously clean already and totally deserving of 1st place right now. I hope they can keep it up and actually win the Sanford cause that's my favorite line of the year. However, it's just a coin flip at this point with all these top lines when it comes to who is better on each given night.

Bravo guys! I'm going to go ahead and say this is the best percussion year in DCI

• Like 3

Is it possible that visual hurt them last night in SA? I’ve seen several pictures and the forms just look really dirty. 

4 minutes ago, Trumpet2 said:

Is it possible that visual hurt them last night in SA? I’ve seen several pictures and the forms just look really dirty. 

I would say yes, it was very dirty.   However what I don't get is the brass content scores.  I can't see how BD content score is that much higher.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Trumpet2 said:

If you compare the scores from Denton to SA, the tightening is across the board, but GE gap closed the most.  Visual scores are really tight between BAC, BC and Crown, and kinda all over the place.  No one of the three is carrying the caption.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Trumpet2 said:

Two other thoughts on visual.  And these are just observations... not digs or excuses.  

I wonder if the unruliness of the fabrics can have an impact on visual scores.  I would expect it's a double edged sword, if it's done really well, then they have a visual impact that can help, but it's kinda risky because fabric can be hard to control.

Second is that the field is a little cluttered with equipment by the end.  I have always had a preference for a clean field, myself, but not sure if this has an impact on scoring or not, or if it's offset by the visual impact achieved by the use of the equipment to begin with.

• Like 1