Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

7 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

I can confirm this. The visual aspect of the show has been taken up a notch. Minimal props, one being incredibly interesting and can guarantee have never been used before in this activity.  And they’re better than what the corps has used in the past. 

Bounce house water slide?  :whistle:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Bounce house water slide?  :whistle:

Well....Indy IS advertising the world's largest bounce castle.  Maybe they're getting it stored for an August finals surprise! 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

Ok, so everything I said the other night… please disregard.

I just heard the closer. Think 2019 on steroids. Holy crap y’all!!!

They definitely have a book that can win. 

Babies will be thrown.

I can't wait to throw babies from Nebraska then.

🤣

• Like 1

I think the nervousness from some Crown fans is understandable.   The talent level has been stellar since the old design team left and many feel the show designs have left the performers with a less than stellar product.   I understand this but don’t agree with entirely.   Other things have been going on as well.  

My feeling based on what I’ve seen and heard is that this show is a contender!  To the corps credit they have been tweaking and tinkering with staff to get that right combination to address perceived shortcomings in the product.

So long as the team has mapped out a solid  path for the design to evolve as the season goes on I see no reason to believe Crown will not be contending for a 2nd championship.   Strangely they have become “dark horses” in many minds which is always a big advantage competitively. No one sees you coming 🥷

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrummerParent said:

There are lots of good pieces and the performance is there, but the show itself isn’t clicking for me yet.

Unfortunately they haven’t had a show design that “clicked” for me since Relentless.

This show will light the stadium on fire on finals. For Real. The energy coming off the field right now is INSANE. The show will feel subversive to those who don’t want to buy in but the way this corps performs you won’t be able to help yourself. It’s stupid good. Just you wait… 

• Like 1