Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

1 hour ago, BWise said:

Agreed but never forget Out of This World if you want to recall a May disaster. 
and a huge one at that. 

Wouldn't say a disaster.. but not his best. At least that drill was clean

Edited by WarriorWay

18 minutes ago, Big Bird said:

Nothing crown is doing is risky. This is exactly what they’ve been doing for years. Bb major scales, 16th note runs, and triple tounging exercises on top of mediocre show design. The app is a gimmick that isn’t paying off. The concept of the show is a gimmick that isn’t paying off. In June it was “crown is going undefeated” then two weeks later it was “crown is fighting BD for 1st” then two weeks later it was “crown is fighting for a medal with BD and Boston” and now it’s “Crown might medal if their show doesn’t get in the way of the talent” 

Lol, this is accurate 

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

You're in denial if you aren't seeing the actual risk this book is putting on MMs, especially the guard. That beautiful orange prop that I love, is a wildcard and they're rolling it around with equipment flying over, under, around, and through it. That's called risk... or, in other words, it's called a demanding book. Is that nomenclature easier?

Can they handle it? Yes, obviously. Their guard score is proving that they can. I'm not dogging this corps by calling their design choices risky. I'm saying good on the instructors for delivering something beefy.

But it's risky to ask that of MMs for the whole season during a pandemic when so many factors out of their control are in play.

You seem to be focused on placement and scoring, @Big Bird. I'm focused on the MM experience. There's crossover btw the too, but I won't take back what I've said.

We of course want all MMs to have a great season/ experience that goes without saying. The point of the thread is to discuss the competitive season of “the game,” and the show

• Like 2

I'm gone for about a day and everyone is arguing about design and who's better, what's risky and what's not. Sounds about right DCP at its finest.

Me for one am happy to see these kids truly enjoying their production whole heartedly and the audience participating with them. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Flguardman said:

I'm gone for about a day and everyone is arguing about design and who's better, what's risky and what's not. Sounds about right DCP at its finest.

Me for one am happy to see these kids truly enjoying their production whole heartedly and the audience participating with them. 

There is no argument inside the Crown thread .. it’s these same ppl that are demonically compelled come to other corps threads to tell them how bad they suck .. which is tasteless and incomprehensible to me . What is the point? .  Do they feel empowered and better?  Are they so insecure they need to bash other corps anonymously .. I’ve never been to another corps thread much less gone and bashed them.  I simply have to conclude some sort of mental instability and move past it. Or either they are 6 year olds posing as adults. Either fit their actions. It really has become a perverse obsession with a certain list of the same actors.  

• Like 2

For the record .. all hell has just broken loose in Atlanta weather-wise. Gonna be a delayed start at best. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, BWise said:

For the record .. all hell has just broken loose in Atlanta weather-wise. Gonna be a delayed start at best. 

It's gonna be at least an hour delay looking at the radar

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Are you saying this with full knowledge of other corps’ Covid protocols?

I guess you’ll never know. 

• Confused 1