Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

20 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Does anyone know if Crown was planning to have evening ensemble tonight (Father’s Day)?

I'm told they get Sunday evening blocks off for laundry, so no.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

Color guard - I watched them specifically tonight and it’s by far Crown’s best guard in ages.

It’s my understanding they were all contracted by January camp and so have been able to work on stuff all winter.  I think I read about 80% also did WGI so that helped develop their skills too.  There’s at least a couple really difficult guard moments in there for sure!

6 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

And the hornlike is going to need to build up some stamina because the closer is one of those pieces that just keeps building, and building, and building some more. 

It’s balls-to-the-wall!  The drumline needs some real chops too to maintain tempo through that movement.

As you mentioned, there’s a whole lot happening on the field.  You have to watch several times to catch everything going on. Hope that doesn’t become a detriment.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

Went to GW tonight for the final time this season, and experienced something I’ve never experienced before in drum corps. Crown is adding a special “something” that will allow everyone in the stadium to participate in the show. I won’t spoil the surprise, but I assume you’ll get to hear about it this weekend. Hint, be sure to have your phone on you. I was blown away when I saw what they were going to do! People will be talking about the 4th movement of this show for a very long time. The build up to the end will have people on their feet. This show might not win, but it sure is going to be a lot of fun to watch!

I'm praying it's the Macarena... :spitting:

Just watched the video. Definitely a lot going on and still rough (It's June) in areas, but wow.  If they can clean it up, this could contend again.  Love the closer so far!  No shortage of notes in this show!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1