Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

14 minutes ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

The more I think about it, this year seems similar to 2014. Bloo charging, crown losing ground throughout the year and BD just being unbeatable. Crown in 2014 was just too dirty. The drill was not able to be clean because of the design of the drill. The show was a crowd favorite. The brass was nails but was not able to catch BD and finished 2nd. A lot of similarities between 2022 and 2014

Not to mention the lack of integration of the trampolines. They were a nice thought, but were really just too large, in the way, and under utilized. 

Percussion didn't help that season either. 

12 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

You are my new best friend, re the marching arts. Should you ever have an observation that you fear might be construed as a bit bombastic or overly critical, don’t hesitate to DM me.

My seasonal, CrownLAND compatriots provide me nearly as much entertainment and pleasure as the activity itself, which brings us together and provides the glue for those bonds. 

If we can learn something along the way, all the better…

I will definitely take you up on that offer! I just don't want my experience here to mirror others that have left recently.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Drum Corps Is Now a Bust said:

You forgot to mention a percussion line that stunk in 2014.

1 minute ago, ZTWright said:

Percussion didn't help that season either. 

Two vastly different ways to express the same sentiment. ZTW gets the point across without being harsh. Thanks!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Two vastly different ways to express the same sentiment. ZTW gets the point across without being harsh. Thanks!

And now class, the lesson is complete😉

• Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 10:42 PM, TigerBaritone19 said:

I think the hole is the soloist. Must be some kind of injury where he can’t march

I saw a video of the soloist standing on the platform for his Tocatta Andromeda solo, it looked clearly like he had a foot cast on his right foot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

This year's Crown show reminds me, a lot, of their "Rach Star" show. Two really good halftime shows performed by a really talented drum corps. :doh:

Rach Star had a concept. 

This show is a show about everything. Which means it’s a show about nothing. 

Rach Star had an idea that people thought was fun because it was based on a cool concept. This show is 100% dependent on people in the stands constantly chanting and clapping to RHRN. Why would we do that?! 

A show BASED ON audience participation is a very risky idea in this genre. The kids perform it at a stellar level. Not their fault.

You want audience participation? End Act 2 with a kick ### keytar solo. 

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 3

Can't get this show out of my head. I'll never be able to read the phrase "right here right now" normally again and I am 💯% okay with this

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Rach Star had a concept. 

This show is a show about everything. Which means it’s a show about nothing. 

Rach Star had an idea that people thought was fun because it was based on a cool concept. This show is 100% dependent on people in the stands constantly chanting and clapping to RHRN. Why would we do that?! 

A show BASED ON audience participation is a very risky idea in this genre. The kids perform it at a stellar level. Not their fault.

You want audience participation? End Act 2 with a kick ### keytar solo. 

Audience participation isn’t just cheering at the end. I do like that part of Bloo’s show, and that’s about it, but a keytar solo isn’t really inviting audience participation

7 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

End Act 2 with a kick ### keytar solo. 

Props to Bloo this year. That keytar feature is crazy good.

Show stopper even.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

An excellent point.  Saying a world class percussion group that finished 7th “stunk” is quite an exaggeration and not only an insult to that Crown percussion group but every group that finished 8th and below.  I assume this “Drum Corps is a Bust” person is maybe 11 years old though so I don’t pay them too much mind.

Edited by DrummerParent
  • Like 3