Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

On 5/3/2022 at 12:26 AM, TigerBaritone19 said:

This is why Crown is the best right here. RIP Joe Allison. A man that truly loved this activity with every cell in his body. I hope everyone soaked this up as much as I did. From funny comments to tears, this video shows the power of the corps that year.

Haven’t been able to stop replaying this vid since I came upon it last week. After reading the comments—provided their accuracy—and doing the math, Dr. Allison’s reaction to the ballad is all the more poignant. 

I recall “losing it” a touch when I first saw it in person at ‘13 NightBEAT, but this video is like watching it, again, for the very first time. My Crown bias notwithstanding, it’s unlikely [especially at my age] that I’ll ever be so moved by a musical passage.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

If you do some digging on the web, you might be able to hear Crown playing a snippet of this years opener. Not telling where, though. 😗

How much digging are we talking?

On 5/16/2022 at 4:58 PM, Newseditor44 said:

If you do some digging on the web, you might be able to hear Crown playing a snippet of this years opener. Not telling where, though. 😗

On 5/16/2022 at 7:51 PM, TigerBaritone19 said:

How much digging are we talking?

I think I saw the clip somewhere the FB a couple of weeks ago. (maybe they shared it?)  But it wasn't very long.   

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

35 minutes ago, BWise said:

Well who has done the digging? 

I have done digging. Plenty of it. But I could not find anything, unless it is hiding in plain sight. I'm going to need whatever that machine is haha

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

I have done digging. Plenty of it. But I could not find anything, unless it is hiding in plain sight. I'm going to need whatever that machine is haha

If you have to use that machine, you're digging too much. You dig? 😉