Why is it so Hard to find Videos of older Shows?

12 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

And really I am using the name Tresona as a catch-all for all copyright owners. Even if Tresona doesn’t own the rights, somebody does. And then are the levels of licenses: arranging, performing and recorded (audio and video).

Tresona is the dominant player in the licensing game though. they literally pay people to search the web all day looking for violations

8 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Ouch.  If 1999 is considered "old" I'm afraid to ask what 1974 is.

8 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Hey, I aged out in 1979 and I go by Jurassic 🤣

So if JL is Jurassic then Greg would be Triassic I suppose? I wonder if I can claim Cenozoic for 1987 or if I am voted off "Ic" island for being a young buck.

p.s. How did I remember all of this stuff from high school and yet I couldn't find a pair of matching socks this morning?

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Continental said:

Some of you youngsters are so Mezosoic.......

Yay I still qualify as an "Ic!"

^%%&^ kids and their "Rock n' Roll" Drum Corps music. When I marched, we had wool uniforms and marched backwards both ways and we liked it!

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Haha 2

On 9/24/2021 at 1:10 PM, Tim K said:

I beg to differ: I have been involved with elementary schools in various capacities and have shown older DVD’s to younger audiences to try and get them interested in music lessons. They are fascinated with some of the 40+ videos. Granted the presentation gets them out of class. Also what fascinates them most is the 70’s style haircuts which always creates a reaction! Sorry if you marched with Kilties, Blue Devils, and Bridgemen. You’re a regular laugh riot! 🙂

I was able to show a couple of HS band members 1980 27th Lancers; their response was 'Holy cow!  These guys don't mess around!'

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I was able to show a couple of HS band members 1980 27th Lancers; their response was 'Holy cow!  These guys don't mess around!'

I like those HS kids!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

So, off topic, but where did SCV come from in 1974? I mean, did you or Madison even have them on your radar?

SCV came in 3rd in 1972 (HA!), won in 1973, so they didn't exactly come out of no where.  They were definitely on everyone's radar.  We lost to them in 1974 by .95  That sucked cuz we were better in 74 than when we won in 72.

5 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

SCV came in 3rd in 1972 (HA!), won in 1973, so they didn't exactly come out of no where.  They were definitely on everyone's radar.  We lost to them in 1974 by .95  That sucked cuz we were better in 74 than when we won in 72.

You were much better in 74 than 72. What I meant by them coming out of nowhere was season specific. I thought either you or Madison were locks for 1 and 1A.

37 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

You were much better in 74 than 72. What I meant by them coming out of nowhere was season specific. I thought either you or Madison were locks for 1 and 1A.

Not really, to me at least, as we had lost to SCV four times before finals beginning at Whitewater.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Not really, to me at least, as we had lost to SCV four times before finals beginning at Whitewater.  

Well, to me, you and Madison were the top two. 

• Thanks 1