Why is it so Hard to find Videos of older Shows?

17 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Well, to me, you and Madison were the top two. 

I knew I liked you!

Bobby Hoffman's drill disguised how small we were.  Had we been a larger corps finals placements would have been different.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

I knew I liked you!

Bobby Hoffman's drill disguised how small we were.  Had we been a larger corps finals placements would have been different.

Bobby Hoffman was way ahead of his time. He was a genius. 

if you show it to kids and mock it for being old, they'll pick up on it. if you show it to them and explain this where what you do now came from, they'll appreciate it. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

if you show it to kids and mock it for being old, they'll pick up on it. if you show it to them and explain this where what you do now came from, they'll appreciate it. 

Had a guy in Hanover who would bring DCI legacy on bus trips in the 2000s. People in bus aged from 1960s marchers to teens or early 20s. Some of the older folks would get a laugh at carrying the tymps (“that’s why I can’t carry heavy stuff anymore”). Some of the younger were asking serious questions to work out how things changed over the years.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

On 9/24/2021 at 10:10 AM, Tim K said:

I beg to differ: I have been involved with elementary schools in various capacities and have shown older DVD’s to younger audiences to try and get them interested in music lessons. They are fascinated with some of the 40+ videos. Granted the presentation gets them out of class. Also what fascinates them most is the 70’s style haircuts which always creates a reaction! Sorry if you marched with Kilties, Blue Devils, and Bridgemen. You’re a regular laugh riot! 🙂

And do you show them your MASSIVE plume action and scream at the end of 88 Sky Ryders?  (my fave 12th place show, btw.)

• Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 12:08 AM, Jeff Ream said:

It also helps if they know the judging system in place then, vs judging today.  

If the 2019 Blue Devils design team wrote a show using 1976 rules, the result would look a lot like the 1976 Blue Devils.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2021 at 2:06 PM, Danny D said:

$60 and honestly the shows 

I don't already own are not worth $60

Every archived video from just about every corps performance from just about every season ( DCA, DCI, Pre DCA/ DCI ) can be had, and for free too. if the Corps has been videotaped that year in performance its likely there. You just need to know where to look, and be granted private access, thats all (and Youtube is not it either.) The primary current requirement is that you must be able to currently document that you fully vaccinated to be allowed the private access to the achieved show performances.... (ok, that last sentence was included at the end to be certain those reading this are fully awake and paying attention. 💤 ). 🙂

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 1

On 9/25/2021 at 11:35 PM, greg_orangecounty said:

Bobby was GOAT!

Absolutely agree! He was the drill designer for all 3 Garfield shows I marched, 70-72. 

70 - the Peace Sign, to "White Rabbit"

71 - America, the Brave, our Revolutionary War show

72 - No More War themed show.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

Absolutely agree! He was the drill designer for all 3 Garfield shows I marched, 70-72. 

70 - the Peace Sign, to "White Rabbit"

71 - America, the Brave, our Revolutionary War show

72 - No More War themed show.

I will quibble—my GOAT is George Zingali, but I can live with that quibble.

• Like 3