Rebecca Compton-Allen Appointed As New Director Of SCV

41 minutes ago, GBugler said:

Given everything that has happened in the activity at the very highest levels over the last five years (and most certainly well before that), every corps' personnel decisions have to be heavily scrutinized. I merely suggested that hiring someone who left her previous position after having a predator on her staff might reflect poorly on Vanguard's vetting process. Also, given everything that's happened recently, I'm not sure that jumping to Vanguard's defense on this hire is necessarily a good look either.

"Vanguard vetting process" has been the punchline of the darkest jokes for a dozen years now.

However, suggesting people become unemployable "after having a predator on their staff", regardless of if/how they dealt with the situation, is never a good look.

18 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

"Vanguard vetting process" has been the punchline of the darkest jokes for a dozen years now.

However, suggesting people become unemployable "after having a predator on their staff", regardless of if/how they dealt with the situation, is never a good look.

From this outsider's perspective, it just looks off. She's hired, then the story drops. Seems like someone either knew and didn't care or genuinely had no idea, neither of which are good looks.

I'm suggesting that if this situation is going to be remedied (the predators in the activity situation) ALL potential employees, especially those in positions of leadership/upper mgmt., must be vetted without error. That requires a lot of digging and oversight, and like you said, Vanguard's vetting process doesn't seem to meet that standard.

1 hour ago, GBugler said:

From this outsider's perspective, it just looks off. She's hired, then the story drops. Seems like someone either knew and didn't care or genuinely had no idea, neither of which are good looks.

I'm suggesting that if this situation is going to be remedied (the predators in the activity situation) ALL potential employees, especially those in positions of leadership/upper mgmt., must be vetted without error. That requires a lot of digging and oversight, and like you said, Vanguard's vetting process doesn't seem to meet that standard.

True... but I would add that the stories also need to be vetted.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rjohn76 said:

Wow. This is really awful for anyone and everyone involved with this organization.

I'm not going to backseat drive another org based on a news article, but the quote about not announcing the dismissal because the staff assured them there was just the one kid involved - that's an eye opener.

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 10/7/2021 at 9:28 PM, MGCpimpOtimp said:

Wonder if you actually read the article?

"McGlauchlen says a former student of the program came forward to Shadow's former executive director, Rebecca Compton-Allen, on May 18, 2021 to report an inappropriate relationship ...The executive committee of Shadow's board investigated the accusations, finding evidence that the relationship first began in the form of inappropriate text messages and images, then escalated to a physical relationship after the student turned 18. On May 27, McGlauchlen says, Henzie-Skogen acknowledged to Shadow's leadership that he had behaved inappropriately with the student. He was fired the same day"

That's a pretty #### good handling of the situation to me.

Respectfully, the more info that comes out about this situation, the less "#### good" it looks.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, GBugler said:

Respectfully, the more info that comes out about this situation, the less "#### good" it looks.

Yeah, could really care what leaders found in those 9 or so days. Line that stands out to me is Oregon police contacted head of corps. That’s SHOULD be the other war around. Organization handling internally smells like that big college 2 hours from me (spelled PSU).

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1