Rebecca Compton-Allen Appointed As New Director Of SCV

11 hours ago, FTNK said:

I wish Madison.com's paywall was not so severe.  I can't read any of the article, but I'm guessing there's nothing surprising in there?  

Can someone with a subscription summarize the article for those who are not able to see it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NewToPosting said:

I wish Madison.com's paywall was not so severe.  I can't read any of the article, but I'm guessing there's nothing surprising in there?  

Can someone with a subscription summarize the article for those who are not able to see it?

If the link doesn't work, this is the heart of it:

The alleged grooming behavior dates back to 2007, when Henzie-Skogen would have been in his late 20s, and went through this year. Corps president Ken McGlauchlen said the corps has “investigated and confirmed” a pattern of Henzie-Skogen becoming friends with the students, making sexual comments to them, sending them inappropriate messages via text and email, and then starting a physical relationship with them as soon as the students were out of the Shadow Drum & Bugle Corps program.

The women, who have now been brought together and are sharing their experiences with each other, said he used the same methods against them all for at least 14 years. They said Henzie-Skogen used his position as a successful musician to draw young women in and “prey upon adolescent girls under his authority for his own sexual gratification.”

In one instance, Henzie-Skogen began private messaging a female student when she was just 14 years old, Compton-Allen said.

[There are 13 victims and counting now]

Edited by FTNK
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NewToPosting said:

More accusations including one that the victim was 17 when it occurred. According to the article this is the first time he was accused of inappropriate relations with a minor.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GBugler said:

And it will continue to get worse, inevitably.

even if a new organization rises from the ashes, anyone involved now shouldn't be trusted if they are involved

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

even if a new organization rises from the ashes, anyone involved now shouldn't be trusted if they are involved

… which brings us back to, “What was SCV thinking?”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

… which brings us back to, “What was SCV thinking?”

well, many of us said that when a now former director relocated to the west coast

• Like 1
  • Sad 1