Rebecca Compton-Allen Appointed As New Director Of SCV

53 minutes ago, DAvery said:

"The article states that Oregon High School checked the credentials of the man who has been fired."  I didn't read this anywhere. What I read was "Mr. Henzie Skogen is not and has not ever been employed by Oregon School District, so we would not be the organization to conduct an investigation". 

All volunteers had to undergo background checks by the school district. I had presumed it was the same for staff.

"background check" can also mean a lot of things. 

in my state, for certificated school employees, it's fbi and state patrol.  for volunteers, "background check" means something very different.   and it probably means something different yet again in other states.  

6 hours ago, DAvery said:

"The article states that Oregon High School checked the credentials of the man who has been fired."  I didn't read this anywhere. What I read was "Mr. Henzie Skogen is not and has not ever been employed by Oregon School District, so we would not be the organization to conduct an investigation". 

I think I read he was in a booster-paid position. Around my parts that means you are still required to do the same background checks as School employees, but other than that, you are not under the purview of HR. 

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

What difference do background checks make in this instance?  As I understand it, his background check was clean until the day of his firing.

That is a good point - Everyone on DCP is one swing away from being an axe-murderer.  But, until it happens, all of our background checks will come back clean (at least w/r/t being an axe-murderer).

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

That is a good point - Everyone on DCP is one swing away from being an axe-murderer.  But, until it happens, all of our background checks will come back clean (at least w/r/t being an axe-murderer).

Make that one swing away from being a REPORTED axe murderer. If the crap is never reported the record will also be clean.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

What difference do background checks make in this instance?  As I understand it, his background check was clean until the day of his firing.

thats the big issue in all of this......background checks don't show everything. i know of someone whose background checks were spotless, then they broke rule #1. if never reported background checks are only so good

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

or if there's evidence it happened :innocent: