Rebecca Compton-Allen Appointed As New Director Of SCV

Until it actually, really, truly is hard to get away with either being a predator or actually, really, truly hard to get away with the "I don't want to get involved" or "let's just hope this goes away on its own" sentiment instead of taking action, the problem isn't going away.  It might be a little better now than it was a decade ago, but the reason people do those things is because it's still so easy to get away with, and if anything, it's still underreported.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Lance said:

Until it actually, really, truly is hard to get away with either being a predator or actually, really, truly hard to get away with the "I don't want to get involved" or "let's just hope this goes away on its own" sentiment instead of taking action, the problem isn't going away.  It might be a little better now than it was a decade ago, but the reason people do those things is because it's still so easy to get away with, and if anything, it's still underreported.

Need to be some hard laws penalizing non-reporters. Not want to get involved, want to keep a good image, “we weren’t really sure so said nothing” and of course “we checked and….” need to be slammed out of existence 

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

These people have learn nothing. 

Nope. There is a lot of lip service. There are committees and panels but drum corps still lives in denial. Maybe if we click our heels three times and wish really hard, the predators will magically vanish.  

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Nope. There is a lot of lip service. There are committees and panels but drum corps still lives in denial. Maybe if we click our heels three times and wish really hard, the predators will magically vanish.  

Well… drum corps is “special” and their crap doesn’t stink. 

ok, that’s a flashback conversation during the Penn State scandal.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So many landmines here on this topic with dcp members and staff. If you say something then a particular number will jump on you for making allegations then incoming censorship. Until you allow open discussion and dialogue the predators both men and women will continue to prey on our youth. 

There is one particular organization that still has quite a few abusers on board and staff, I know first hand. 

Also remember its not only the sexual predators behavior that should be taken into an account. It is the intimidation and abuse male on male - female on female ---some sexually explicit and some not. The damage is done regardless. 

Don't come here and act as if you knew all along and are the subject matter experts. Hypocrisy 

33 minutes ago, WilsonStaff said:

So many landmines here on this topic with dcp members and staff. If you say something then a particular number will jump on you for making allegations then incoming censorship. Until you allow open discussion and dialogue the predators both men and women will continue to prey on our youth. 

There is one particular organization that still has quite a few abusers on board and staff, I know first hand. 

Also remember its not only the sexual predators behavior that should be taken into an account. It is the intimidation and abuse male on male - female on female ---some sexually explicit and some not. The damage is done regardless. 

Don't come here and act as if you knew all along and are the subject matter experts. Hypocrisy 

If you know something, say something! Not to us on dcp but the appropriate authorities. You claim to have first hand knowledge of abuse so please adhere to the statement in your last paragraph instead of talking about it. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

If you know something, say something! Not to us on dcp but the appropriate authorities. You claim to have first hand knowledge of abuse so please adhere to the statement in your last paragraph instead of talking about it. 

Its been done. You are making an assumption that I did not report it and that I have not shared to someone who might actually expose it. Not just a claim its facts.  I can still say something here or is that not ok with you?

9 minutes ago, WilsonStaff said:

Its been done. You are making an assumption that I did not report it and that I have not shared to someone who might actually expose it. Not just a claim its facts.  I can still say something here or is that not ok with you?

Well, you should have said you reported it in your post. We’re not mind readers. This is a serious subject and if you don’t give all the facts it comes off as a reckless statement. So no, it’s not ok with me. 

• Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Well, you should have said you reported it in your post. We’re not mind readers. This is a serious subject and if you don’t give all the facts it comes off as a reckless statement. So no, it’s not ok with me. 

Reminded me of a RAMD poster who kept saying vaguely there was a a corps with abuse and it’s horrible no one reported it. That is no one ELSE reported it. Some here told him to report it but he refused to take responsibility. Instead he thought people with no details should call the authorities with no information.
Many here have no connection to any corps so we don’t have any insight to possible abuse of any kind.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2