Rebecca Compton-Allen Appointed As New Director Of SCV

8 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Reminded me of a RAMD poster who kept saying vaguely there was a a corps with abuse and it’s horrible no one reported it. That is no one ELSE reported it. Some here told him to report it but he refused to take responsibility. Instead he thought people with no details should call the authorities with no information.
Many here have no connection to any corps so we don’t have any insight to possible abuse of any kind.

and THAT person was bringing up THINGS from the 70's. 

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

and THAT person was bringing up THINGS from the 70's. 

That part I didn’t know…. 

Kind of related topic, at least in the area of Department of Inappropriate. The current online edition of Drum Corps World features an otherwise interesting article on the Sky Ryders 1982 season/tour. An entire paragraph was given to a story of a girls locker room incident where several boys in the corps were accidently given "full access" shall we call it to viewing of the girls showering. It was played off as a "Porky's-like" incident, but I dunno...given the current times, is that something that really needed to be published? 

18 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Need to be some hard laws penalizing non-reporters. Not want to get involved, want to keep a good image, “we weren’t really sure so said nothing” and of course “we checked and….” need to be slammed out of existence 

THIS!

If reporting you fail, you go to jail!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Reminded me of a RAMD poster who kept saying vaguely there was a a corps with abuse and it’s horrible no one reported it. That is no one ELSE reported it. Some here told him to report it but he refused to take responsibility. Instead he thought people with no details should call the authorities with no information.
Many here have no connection to any corps so we don’t have any insight to possible abuse of any kind.

I remember accusations / rumors in the RAMD era as well.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Swamptihs said:

No idea what you two are talking about for ramda, but was it ok to do things back in the the 70's or any other time frame?  

The RAMD discussions were going on in the early 2000s. Poster was a loose cannon who every other month or so would complain that no one was doing anything about a certain corps. Posts I looked at didn’t have info on corps, accused, when, where, etc. other posters would tell him if he had info he should contact authorities. Response was always excuses or pointing finger at others (who didn’t know anything). Hell I thought he was talking about Hopkins during this time but looks like I was mistaken.

I haven’t seen anyone defend any type of harassment or assault in any era so no idea why you are asking.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

4 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Kind of related topic, at least in the area of Department of Inappropriate. The current online edition of Drum Corps World features an otherwise interesting article on the Sky Ryders 1982 season/tour. An entire paragraph was given to a story of a girls locker room incident where several boys in the corps were accidently given "full access" shall we call it to viewing of the girls showering. It was played off as a "Porky's-like" incident, but I dunno...given the current times, is that something that really needed to be published? 

Oof. Just read it. Wild editorial choice to leave that in as written.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

The RAMD discussions were going on in the early 2000s. Poster was a loose cannon who every other month or so would complain that no one was doing anything about a certain corps. Posts I looked at didn’t have info on corps, accused, when, where, etc. other posters would tell him if he had info he should contact authorities. Response was always excuses or pointing finger at others (who didn’t know anything). Hell I thought he was talking about Hopkins during this time but looks like I was mistaken.

I haven’t seen anyone defend any type of harassment or assault in any era so no idea why you are asking.

You are saying that this Wilson is the same person? Wilson did not mention any corps by name. But it did read like they had brought it up here and was discounted similar to what is happening now. 

It's not bad to let people discuss or make comments on the subject. I would argue that it is a good thing. Providing a place for discussion might be what DCI need. 

Edited by Swamptihs

19 minutes ago, Swamptihs said:

So you are saying that this Wilson is the same person? Wilson did not mention any corps by name. But it did read like they had brought it up here and was discounted similar to what is happening now. 

It's not bad to let people discuss or make comments on the subject. I would argue that it is a good thing. Providing a place for discussion might be what we need. 

You really need lessons in reading comprehension reading my posts. I never posted anything about Wilson being the same person. Just like your response about “was this ok in the 70s” it’s not even close to what I was posting about.

And no where did I put down what Wilson posted. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2