Rebecca Compton-Allen Appointed As New Director Of SCV

19 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

Oof. Just read it. Wild editorial choice to leave that in as written.

And really cringe worthy as few pages before the writer talks about “all Sky Ryders have the same values”.

Even a “what the hell were we thinking would have helped”. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

17 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

You really need lessons in reading comprehension reading my posts. I never posted anything about Wilson being the same person. Just like your response about “was this ok in the 70s” it’s not even close to what I was posting about.

And no where did I put down what Wilson posted. 

I asked a question and even had a question mark after the sentence. And the post I replied to for the 70's was for a jeff not a jim. Relax 

9 minutes ago, Swamptihs said:

I asked a question and even had a question mark after the sentence. And the post I replied to for the 70's was for a jeff not a jim. Relax 

Saw it was for Jeff but I replied anyway. Saying my postS was a screw up on my part. Since I marched in the 70s and Jeff didn’t I had my own question. 
No idea about the Wilson/RAMD poster being same person but to old to waste heartbeats to care

Edited by JimF-LowBari

18 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Saw it was for Jeff but I replied anyway. Saying my postS was a screw up on my part. Since I marched in the 70s and Jeff didn’t I had my own question. 
No idea about the Wilson/RAMD poster being same person but to old to waste heartbeats to care

Back on RAMD another loose cannon, She Who Must Never Be Named, also used to post accusations.  And I recall some of the more patient posters would tell her that she should take this to the police.  But a problem, statute of limitations aside, is that what jurisdiction did the assault occur?  Jurisdiction is important as that is where any crime will be investigated & potentially prosecuted.  I couldn't tell you what school we were at 30+ years ago, and that could be a problem w/r/t criminal prosecution.

I suggest that DCI hire someone to figure out which jurisdiction has the strongest reporting laws, and then adopt these as the DCI standard.  If something happens in a less-strict jurisdiction (not sure if that is the correct term), it gets reported anyway.  Then it becomes something the local justice system to resolve.  Obviously, any incident should also go through reporting to DCI, & get fixed by the Corps.  But by doing this, from a legal standpoint, the Corps should be in the clear - It happened, we reported it.  We fixed the problem internally, anything criminal-justice will happen separately in the appropriate jurisdiction.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

You know what song helps people relax when they don't need to relax because they haven't done anything to prompt that kind of reaction?

This one - except the high notes.  They have been known to cause agitation. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Continental said:

You know what song helps people relax when they don't need to relax because they haven't done anything to prompt that kind of reaction?

This one - except the high notes.  They have been known to cause agitation. 

Maya Rudolph’s (SNL) mom. As for that air raid siren note… would turn the car radio volume off for that note. 😬

20 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Back on RAMD another loose cannon, She Who Must Never Be Named, also used to post accusations.  And I recall some of the more patient posters would tell her that she should take this to the police.  But a problem, statute of limitations aside, is that what jurisdiction did the assault occur?  Jurisdiction is important as that is where any crime will be investigated & potentially prosecuted.  I couldn't tell you what school we were at 30+ years ago, and that could be a problem w/r/t criminal prosecution.

I suggest that DCI hire someone to figure out which jurisdiction has the strongest reporting laws, and then adopt these as the DCI standard.  If something happens in a less-strict jurisdiction (not sure if that is the correct term), it gets reported anyway.  Then it becomes something the local justice system to resolve.  Obviously, any incident should also go through reporting to DCI, & get fixed by the Corps.  But by doing this, from a legal standpoint, the Corps should be in the clear - It happened, we reported it.  We fixed the problem internally, anything criminal-justice will happen separately in the appropriate jurisdiction.  

I didn't know it still exists.  It is a treasure trove of discussion for some future Abnormal Psych course. 

rec.arts.marching.drumcorps - Google Groups

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Continental said:

Good thing you did, that would have shattered your car windows. 

I had a POS 9 year old Impala convertible. Probably would have shredded the top even more (leaked like a sieve anyway). 
Dad was a mechanic and his theory was kids first car is a beater. If they don’t wreck it after 2 years then get a good car.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I had a POS 9 year old Impala convertible. Probably would have shredded the top even more (leaked like a sieve anyway). 
Dad was a mechanic and his theory was kids first car is a beater. If they don’t wreck it after 2 years then get a good car.

Good theory!!!  I went to HS with a lot of entitled kids whose parents were 1) rich  2) entitled  3) divorced or cheating  4) actively ignoring their children.  There were lots of BMW's, Mercedes and sports cars in the school parking lot.  This one girl got a new Porsche 944 on her 16th birthday... had it delivered to the school and the keys dropped off at the office.  She didn't get it out of the parking lot.  Stripped the gearbox.