Rebecca Compton-Allen Appointed As New Director Of SCV

1 hour ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

Good theory!!!  I went to HS with a lot of entitled kids whose parents were 1) rich  2) entitled  3) divorced or cheating  4) actively ignoring their children.  There were lots of BMW's, Mercedes and sports cars in the school parking lot.  This one girl got a new Porsche 944 on her 16th birthday... had it delivered to the school and the keys dropped off at the office.  She didn't get it out of the parking lot.  Stripped the gearbox.

“Got you where you needed to go, right?”

Yep… dad even got the car for a cheaper price because of the rag top. Salesman quotes a price and dad gave his and salesman said no. Dad looked up and said “looks like it’s going to snow overnight, what happens if the top tears from the weight?”. Salesman responded “ok your price but get it off the lot before we close”. 
Learned some responsibility from it. Car was parked outside and some nights had to get up o dark 30 a few times to keep the snow off. Top was shot so bad every time I dropped it (not often) it would tear more. 🤯

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

“Got you where you needed to go, right?”

Yep… dad even got the car for a cheaper price because of the rag top. Salesman quotes a price and dad gave his and salesman said no. Dad looked up and said “looks like it’s going to snow overnight, what happens if the top tears from the weight?”. Salesman responded “ok your price but get it off the lot before we close”. 
Learned some responsibility from it. Car was parked outside and some nights had to get up o dark 30 a few times to keep the snow off. Top was shot so bad every time I dropped it (not often) it would tear more. 🤯

The owner of this convertible no longer has the same issue....

cracked rear window fix

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

If you know something, say something! Not to us on dcp but the appropriate authorities. You claim to have first hand knowledge of abuse so please adhere to the statement in your last paragraph instead of talking about it. 

I did report something in 2012.  Ignored, threatened, sent cease and desist letters… excoriated for the most part.  You better have a pretty thick skin (and an attorney) if you’re going to report something in drum corps.  The only one who listened to me was Tricia Nadolny six years later. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I did report something in 2012.  Ignored, threatened, sent cease and desist letters… excoriated for the most part.  You better have a pretty thick skin (and an attorney) if you’re going to report something in drum corps.  The only one who listened to me was Tricia Nadolny five years later. 

That treatment is similar to what I am receiving since near the beginning of the year. I guess its comforting to know that is a consistent strategy. Also the treatment here more than once was intimidating and unnecessary. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I did report something in 2012.  Ignored, threatened, sent cease and desist letters… excoriated for the most part.  You better have a pretty thick skin (and an attorney) if you’re going to report something in drum corps.  The only one who listened to me was Tricia Nadolny five years later. 

I sorry you weren’t listened to. Hopefully the young women from the Shadow organization have a less difficult path than you. It’s unfortunate that so many were victims but at least they have each other for support. It’s awful you (and Jim) had to go it alone. 

10 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

I sorry you weren’t listened to. Hopefully the young women from the Shadow organization have a less difficult path than you. It’s unfortunate that so many were victims but at least they have each other for support. It’s awful you (and Jim) had to go it alone. 

From my perspective from a distance, the issue went far beyond not being listened to. It went to active persecution. That is a a much deeper level of arrogance. 

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Kind of related topic, at least in the area of Department of Inappropriate. The current online edition of Drum Corps World features an otherwise interesting article on the Sky Ryders 1982 season/tour. An entire paragraph was given to a story of a girls locker room incident where several boys in the corps were accidently given "full access" shall we call it to viewing of the girls showering. It was played off as a "Porky's-like" incident, but I dunno...given the current times, is that something that really needed to be published? 

i saw that and thought it too. i mean sure i enjoyed Porkys in my youth, but....

12 hours ago, Swamptihs said:

No idea what you two are talking about for ramda, but was it ok to do things back in the the 70's or any other time frame?  

nope. just that a certain RAMD poster alluded to many things from their junior cops days in the 70's