Rebecca Compton-Allen Appointed As New Director Of SCV

7 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

What did the “ DCI organization” do to help Glassmen? Though I respect SCV for their legendary history with DCI, why should they get “special treatment”?

nothing because as i said in the post you quoted, DCI is the corps...until one gets in trouble. then it's all the other corps

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Even the thread title suggests the topic is about SCV leadership.  And in the absence of a corps director, who would that be?

It refers to a singular person in a role she's no longer serving and was in for less than a year.

The exective level, other admin, and board of directors would be the other leadership. Nothing discussed in the last several pages falls under the responsibilities of the corps director directly, which she no longer is anyway. Everyone has been discussing matters several rungs up in leadership or at DCI.

2 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

It refers to a singular person in a role she's no longer serving and was in for less than a year.

The exective level, other admin, and board of directors would be the other leadership. Nothing discussed in the last several pages falls under the responsibilities of the corps director directly, which she no longer is anyway. Everyone has been discussing matters several rungs up in leadership or at DCI.

You've participated in off topic discussions before, so I'm failing to see the reason why you pinged this as off topic...not trying to come down on you, just a little confused about your motive.

• Thanks 2

Just now, ZTWright said:

You've participated in off topic discussions before, so I'm failing to see the reason why you pinged this as off topic...not trying to come down on you, just a little confused about your motive.

I'm the first to criticize RCA, corps leadership, and DCI.

But no individual deserves the weight of this hiatus on their conscience. Not based on what the public knows at this time. I've been told nothing privately otherwise, not that I'm anywhere near the inner circle anyway. 

And if we're not talking about her tenure (the good, the bad, the ugly), then we're dragging out this thread unnecessarily with topics that definitely deserve their own threads.

So my motive is clarity. 😑

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

I'm the first to criticize RCA, corps leadership, and DCI.

But no individual deserves the weight of this hiatus on their conscience. Not based on what the public knows at this time. I've been told nothing privately otherwise, not that I'm anywhere near the inner circle anyway. 

And if we're not talking about her tenure (the good, the bad, the ugly), then we're dragging out this thread unnecessarily with topics that definitely deserve their own threads.

So my motive is clarity. 😑

Okay, but until the speculation is and should be welcome, and not silenced. This is a discussion board and people are discussing the current situation at hand, of which speculation has been and will continue to be a part of it. Historically the captain goes down with the ship, or at least one with respect and dignity did. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZTWright said:

Okay, but until the speculation is and should be welcome, and not silenced. This is a discussion board and people are discussing the current situation at hand, of which speculation has been and will continue to be a part of it.

This is a non-argument. I don't have the power to silence anyone and I wasn't suggesting anything of the sort. Silencing would be me leveraging power I don't have on this board to erase others' comments just because I disagree with them. I can't and I wouldn't do that even if I could.

I didn't even diminish what has been said so far in this thread, because many comments are valid. Point of fact, I said if it has to do with RCA (the good, the bad, the ugly) it should be here... but no one has commented on her for pages. If it has to do with other factors (like the board, other leadership, or DCI) then it belongs in another thread that doesn't have an individual's name on it who's been with the org for less than a year.

Ultimately, if folks are looking to blame RCA fine, but they're being distracted and wasting energy because threads upon threads have indicated that the problems run deeper than anything a new hire can accomplish in less than a year.

2 minutes ago, ZTWright said:

Historically the captain goes down with the ship, or at least one with respect and dignity did. 

She was never the captain of VMAPA (that would be the board and ED) and many others have indicated that the concerns leading to the ship going down occurred higher up than her. Unless, of course, anyone besides you or me has further speculation about her to offer...which, again, hasn't been the case for pages.

16 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

nothing because as i said in the post you quoted, DCI is the corps...until one gets in trouble. then it's all the other corps

If that’s true, why is Mr Atchison in charge of DCI, why does DCI need an office/staff? Why don’t member corps’ representatives staff the DCI organization?

DCI is the umbrella organization to which the corps belong. If the umbrella isn’t taking a proactive approach to ensuring the viability of the corps underneath that umbrella then it’s time for paradigm shift.

• Like 2