DCI WORLD CLASS EXPANDS TO 165 MEMBERS for the 2022 TOUR

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

and.....it helps move closer to setting a minimum requirement of members to be in World Class. it's been a topic in the room in the past.

And they already took action on that topic.

If you look at the DCI Policies and Procedures Manual, page 92, it already states that one of the responsibilities of a World Class Participant is "Number of performers 110 - 154".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

one of the responsibilities of a World Class Participant is "Number of performers 110 - 154".

110 minimum…. Yow. Ok kids the only DC worthy of existing is the large size ones and bleep anyone else. Guess I’m wrong for learning to enjoy the smaller corps 👎

Note: deleted the red headed bastich step children line because I was thinking of Open class corps…. So what is their minimum?

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Tim K said:

My thought is that a major factor in increasing size is color guard. Last summer many people were caught by surprise when they saw Boston Crusaders and the 60 member color guard that was nearly perfect in each performance. We will see larger guards next year.

Larger guards (more flags) always make your corps look bigger. I love seeing all guard members on flag and in that perfect unison. Nothing against rifles (but I do draw the line at hoola hoops), but when everyone is on flag and going to town, that always brings a cheer from me. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

With the new membership policy increasing +11 members, will the corps not have this potential increase on the credit side of the ledger?  (Plus the increase in camp fees, other surcharges, etc)  :peek:

Tuition @$4k x 11 = $44k 
Tuition @5k x 11 = $55k

The questions are:

1.  How much $ does the Corps need to spend per member above the tuition paid by the member? 

And

2. How does increasing membership impact the cost the Corps needs to spend per member?

I suspect the answer to these will be Corps-specific depending on the fiscal state of the Corps, & where the extra members fit in (11 additional Contras cost more than 11 additional drum majors).  I hope (perhaps in vain) that the Corps have these costs figured out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

110 minimum…. Yow. Ok kids the only DC worthy of existing is the large size ones and bleep anyone else. Guess I’m wrong for learning to enjoy the smaller corps 👎

Note: deleted the red headed bastich step children line because I was thinking of Open class corps…. So what is their minimum?

Come on, Jim!  Open class = red headed ######## stepchildren!  😜 They raised the limit after 2019.  A whole bunch of corps I watched on Thursday morning would not meet the new criteria. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Come on, Jim!  Open class = red headed ######## stepchildren!  😜 They raised the limit after 2019.  A whole bunch of corps I watched on Thursday morning would not meet the new criteria. 

And of course so many new corps are coming up, it isn’t going to matter if we lose a few. 🤬 Back I’m RAMD days I predicted we would go down to 12-14 DCI corps. DCI would handle logistics and the corps would travel in 2 groups. At halfway in season they would shuffle and all 12-14 at Championships. 
Heading that way just later than I predicted 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

This is a great idea lets increase costs (food, fuel, bus seats, equipment, insurance) coming out of the most challenging 2 years in the history of the activity.

Best.

Idea.

Ever

(not)

Speaking from the administrative standpoint of a corps that relied chiefly on member dues, the costs of extra members are far offset by the fees received.

Mike