DCI WORLD CLASS EXPANDS TO 165 MEMBERS for the 2022 TOUR

33 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Where have I been… well never with a DCI corps so that’s why I ask questions.

As for cynicism…. did Senior corps when gas tripped and economy took a downturn. Raising costs killed a lot of corps and lot of local shows in smaller towns. Less shows… more travel as shows further apart… higher transportation costs… corps needed higher prize money so shows raised ticket prices… higher price so less attendees.. got to the point where show lost money so.. bye…

Seeing all that up close when DCI or DCA makes a change my first thought is cost…

Less costs to add a couple or three more paying members to each bus.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DrummerParent said:

Less costs to add a couple or three more paying members to each bus.

Yep if there were empty bus seats and the dues from these added members is more than what the corps would spend on them (uniform, equipment, food, etc) that’s a plus. (I got your point before I saw the rewrite). 
IOW revenue > cost is good

Edited by JimF-LowBari

3 hours ago, Lance said:

The majority of new spots will be guard most likely, because I have seen the future of dci and it is wgi.  

As I’m reading this I’m also listening to an interview with Steve Van Zandt and they just mentioned the quote “I’ve seen the future of rock and roll and his name is Bruce Springsteen”.

6 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

As I’m reading this I’m also listening to an interview with Steve Van Zandt and they just mentioned the quote “I’ve seen the future of rock and roll and his name is Bruce Springsteen”.

As I'm reading this, I'm listening to my top 15 playlist on Spotify, and Incident on 57th Street is up in just a bit. 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, craiga said:

WOW....so much cynicism on DCP.   I don't imagine anyone noticed how the vote was UNANIMOUS to increase the size.  

Big corps voted unanimously to get bigger.  Is that supposed to prove something?

It was not that long ago that we had to raise the limit from 128 to 150 because THAT was the new right-size-for-3-buses.  Then it was 154.  Now it is 165?

All four of these numbers were predicated on the 3-bus model.  Ever notice that only two of those numbers are divisible by 3?

37 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

All four of these numbers were predicated on the 3-bus model.  Ever notice that only two of those numbers are divisible by 3?

That’s one of the reasons I ask about non marching members riding the buses. Don’t think it takes almost a math minor in college (long story) to know that you add up the digits and if that’s divisible by 3 then the big number will be also. (Saves from doing big number in your head)

165 - 1+6+5=12 etc 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

46 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Big corps voted unanimously to get bigger.  Is that supposed to prove something?

It was not that long ago that we had to raise the limit from 128 to 150 because THAT was the new right-size-for-3-buses.  Then it was 154.  Now it is 165?

Don't over think this Shelton.  😁  (Since I've been involved, the bus capacity of the MCI, Prevost, Silver Eagle, & Vanhool motor coaches have historically ranged from 47 - 60.)  

Edited by keystone3ply
cx