DCI WORLD CLASS EXPANDS TO 165 MEMBERS for the 2022 TOUR

5 hours ago, craiga said:

Although I was obviously not a party to these discussions, I would be amazed if the directors voted to increase the max by 11 members simply to generate $55,000 (total) in more member fees.  Not when many of these corps have budgets closing in or exceeding seven figures. 

Why not?  $55,000 could be 5% of that budget.  If I could raise 5% of my annual budget simply by raising my hand when they say "all those in favor"... 🖐️.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2021 at 8:52 AM, cixelsyd said:

And they already took action on that topic.

If you look at the DCI Policies and Procedures Manual, page 92, it already states that one of the responsibilities of a World Class Participant is "Number of performers 110 - 154".

and expect to see the minimum rise 

• Like 1

On 9/30/2021 at 10:10 AM, keystone3ply said:

With the new membership policy increasing +11 members, will the corps not have this potential increase on the credit side of the ledger?  (Plus the increase in camp fees, other surcharges, etc)  :peek:

Tuition @$4k x 11 = $44k 
Tuition @5k x 11 = $55k

and dont forget the debit side. 

• Like 1

On 9/30/2021 at 12:04 PM, DFA1970 said:

I think the guard increase is probably correct. You really don't need more brass or percussion because with everything mic'd that bigger sound is already there.

(woodwinds)

• Haha 1

On 9/30/2021 at 1:00 PM, DrummerParent said:

Correct.  The whole reason was to save money (ie fill the buses).   Like airplanes, charter buses have squeezed in more seats so now they can fill those 11 additional seats.  Eleven more paying members.  In some cases, it may mean less alternates and more playing members.  No corps is going to add a bus for 11 people.  

more food costs. probably raises insurance costs too. plus equipment and uniforms

• Like 1

On 9/30/2021 at 1:00 PM, Terri Schehr said:

I’ve always said, I mean for decades, that DCI operates on the premise of “you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet”.  There will end up being five or six “supercorps” when all of this is said and done. 

to quote Lee Rudnicki.....7

• Like 3

On 9/30/2021 at 6:39 PM, Jurassic Lancer said:

I am pretty confident that the best people to judge the financial impact of the increase of the size of corps is the corps themselves. It is not posters on this forum who don’t even have the benefit of reviewing the corps financials. Did I hear this was a unanimous vote? The corps knew what they were voting for and what the financial impact would be.

i'm pretty confident based on history and the many solicitations for funds, the corps are hardly the best people to judge finances

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Tim K said:

I’m one of the seven!

If you’re not in your seat for that first corps at prelims on Thursday morning, you don’t know what you’re missing. Well you’re missing the opportunity for a half frozen blueberry muffin and not the greatest coffee (Lucas Oil needs a Dunkin Donuts), but you’re also missing heartfelt performances and some entertaining shows.

Or an omelette station! “That’ll be $45.50 sir”. 😁 

• Haha 2