DCI WORLD CLASS EXPANDS TO 165 MEMBERS for the 2022 TOUR

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Or an omelette station! “That’ll be $45.50 sir”. 😁 

I’d rather pay $45.50 for an omelette  at Lucas Oil than have to endure their so call Italian roast beef sandwich again, which no Italian would recognize as Italian. 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

How can it not?  The fact of adding more members to the bigger corps takes away even more potential members.  It also keeps moving that elusive number to become a WC corps.  All the decisions that take away and cost more to be competitive affect OC corps.  I suppose it's one way to keep your dominance.    

OC corps do follow the lead of WC corps regarding design, electronics, etc., but I don’t think it’s for a keep up with the Jones’ reason. It’s the direction drum corps is headed. How the increased size with impact OC remains to be seen. Nearly every corps in OC and WC reported higher interest at winter camps prior to the pandemic so if that holds up for 2022, the increased size may not impact OC corps too much. I don’t think the increased size will impact SCVC and BDB negatively. Spartans, Gold, and Legends who have placed higher than some WC corps after prelims may have some challenges. My thought is that WC corps that usually find themselves between 13-17  and maybe some who place between 10-12 will be more impacted.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tim K said:

I’m one of the seven!

If you’re not in your seat for that first corps at prelims on Thursday morning, you don’t know what you’re missing. Well you’re missing the opportunity for a half frozen blueberry muffin and not the greatest coffee (Lucas Oil needs a Dunkin Donuts), but you’re also missing heartfelt performances and some entertaining shows.

We get up really early and have breakfast at Cafe Patachou.  Kind of a Thursday morning ritual for us. 

31 minutes ago, Swamptihs said:

Why so negative? This thread is sad 

*shrug* Some of the posts have concerns about how this will affect corps finances, membership numbers in OC and non top corps, etc. DCP is a place to discuss so they are being discussed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Continental said:

What about Crunchy Frog?

i think they had fewer than 165

• Haha 1

On 9/30/2021 at 12:17 PM, Continental said:

You know what makes corps look even bigger?  Uniforms like this.

($1 to Sutasaurus)

wig-fashion.gif

Is that the visual representation of Thunderous Bass Goo? Imagine 65 of those coming towards you on a company front....

• Haha 2

On 10/1/2021 at 8:52 AM, IllianaLancerContra said:

In my experience a quite drummer seems like an oxymoron.

It's on our questionnaire for acceptance into the cult. If I remember the question, it a true / false and says something along the lines of "The acceptable volume for conversations is 100dBA." It's after the question about it being socially acceptable to drum on the back of bus seats. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/1/2021 at 8:55 AM, burdettsky said:

Mandatory flub lines for every corps was an addendum to this proposal.  🙂

LOLOLOLOL. Greatest idea EVER. Add 25 Flubs to every battery.

• Haha 1