DCI WORLD CLASS EXPANDS TO 165 MEMBERS for the 2022 TOUR

18 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

It's on our questionnaire for acceptance into the cult. If I remember the question, it a true / false and says something along the lines of "The acceptable volume for conversations is 100dBA." It's after the question about it being socially acceptable to drum on the back of bus seats. 

The invention of the 'real feel' practice pads probably saved a lot of bus upholstery & other mm's nerves.  😇

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Swamptihs said:

Why so negative? This thread is sad 

I shared the info because I thought it would be a great discussion topic.  I  personally think the pros outweigh the cons & the corps directors seem to feel that way.  The seats are already available & as someone pointed out, some groups already carry alternates.  I think the additional members will result in the credit being greater than the debit on the accounting sheet?  

I had no idea that you could rate topics with "stars", etc & you receive points (or something to that effect) as a contributing DCP member.  I could really careless about that stuff... :spitting:

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

The invention of the 'real feel' practice pads probably saved a lot of bus upholstery & other mm's nerves.  😇

I know LOL. The old Promark DC10 drum sticks killed many a seat

• Haha 2

The primary questions of a drummers mind:

1. Can it be drummed on?
2. Can it be eaten?

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

1. Can it be drummed on?
2. Can it be eaten?

There's a third question, but forum decorum prohibits its mentioning. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

1. Can it be drummed on?
2. Can it be eaten?

Drummer-Test.jpg

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

There's a third question, but forum decorum prohibits its mentioning. 

And yet every one of us drummers thought of it instantly LOL

On 10/1/2021 at 2:39 PM, Terri Schehr said:

If history is a teacher, it won’t happen.  Sorry to be pessimistic but…

If people showed up to watch them on Thursday morning, that would be a good start.   There are usually seven people and a ham sandwich there ($1 to Rudnicki). 

Very true Terri. It's the mentality that's been around for a while though. As a fan, I WANT to see the corps in Prelims. Imagine corps that the average fan didn't even pay much attention to (example Bluecoats 1987) that are now sitting at the top of the world. I still think part of the package (and it may already be this way,) would be to include streaming when you buy finals / prelims tickets. The concept of "perceived value" seems to be something that DCI has yet to grasp. The casual fan is looking for an experience for their money and the expectations today are different from what they once were. H@ll, give 'em a T-Shirt with a DCI logo and their favorite corps on it, bump the price by $10 and throw the money in a kitty for an emergency fund that corps can draw off of. There are lots of ways to improve optics and overall viewership.

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever