DCI WORLD CLASS EXPANDS TO 165 MEMBERS for the 2022 TOUR

7 hours ago, Hrothgar15 said:

I completely forgot how small even full-sized 128-member corps used to look on the field (Cavaliers 2001).

Untitlede.png

One of the greatest attributes of the late '70's and early '80's Blue Devils was their ability to look huge spread across the entire field with only 128 members.  The drill writing was incredible.  Compare that to today, when 150+ members get crammed into only 40% of the space.

• Like 3

So we keep jacking up the size of the corps… is DCI going to continue to play the game of a corps has to be full sized to be “worthy” of existing.

Oh yeah why change now…. (Waving one finger at a time)

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

One of the greatest attributes of the late '70's and early '80's Blue Devils was their ability to look huge spread across the entire field with only 128 members.  The drill writing was incredible.  Compare that to today, when 150+ members get crammed into only 40% of the space.

The other 60% of the space now though is taken up by "props." I agree 100% 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

The other 60% of the space now though is taken up by "props." 

We can choose to look on the bright side though. If the numbers of marchers gets large enough, its possible  there won't be enough room on the football field for any large props anymore.☺️

Marching-Band-Pictures.jpg

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Haha 5

19 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

We can choose to look on the bright side though. If the numbers of marchers gets large enough, its possible  there won't be enough room on the football field for any large props anymore.☺️

"I got a fever! And the only prescription....is more vertical prop staging."

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

The other 60% of the space now though is taken up by "props." I agree 100% 

Having started in the lesser Senior Circuit and being big fan of DCA Class A (65 members or less IIRC)…. Amazing if you concentrate on the corps in the middle of the field, after a while you don’t even notice the empty spaces on the sides or back.

Actually find the smaller corps more interesting. If you have a full sized corps you can do what you want. For smaller corps they have to figure out how to put on a pleasing show with less resources. (Some do/some don’t). Seeing how they do it is what I look forward to.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

On 10/26/2021 at 10:30 PM, Boss Anova said:

BOA proves otherwise

• Like 2

On 10/26/2021 at 10:30 PM, Boss Anova said:

I like that thinking.  🤔 

• Like 2