BOA vs. U S Bands

Check out Marcus' mello soloists.  I don't know the names but if either wants to do DCI, they're going to have the top corps knocking on their doors.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Check out Marcus' mello soloists.  I don't know the names but if either wants to do DCI, they're going to have the top corps knocking on their doors.

For sure! They do an amazing job of sounding the same. So much so that the first time I saw them live, I thought it was just one soloist. For the first show, the soloists wore their regular white/grey uniforms the entire time. 

OAN: Marcus did a fantastic job of layering their show this year! The show they took to GN was far more detailed than what I saw back in September and each time I saw them after that, they added something new. 

10 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

The talent of these bands just blows me away. My gosh, these are high school kids. It's not like they're all 21 year old music majors (not yet). AND, they're all local kids. It's not either like they can recruit who they want from all over the country. I've got to start watching more of this. 

Let me ask of those who are much wiser than I - IF DCI allows woodwinds, is there a merger of some type of DCI, BOA and USB in the future into one big marching arts organization? 

no because BOA and USBands are not for independent groups, they are scholastic only...and DCI is not for scholastic groups

5 hours ago, leed17 said:

Box 5 with a wired connection was outstanding all season for DCA, then BOA and UIL.  Picture was OUTSTANDING, and audio was excellent.  Using wifi for streaming with smaller companies like FLO and BOX5 is a risk…MLBTV, Netflix, etc are ok on WiFi, but not FLO or other streaming services for drum corps, wgi, band, etc. 

Congrats to Tim Snyder and BOX5 though…he has really put FLO on notice 🙂

Broken Arrow…beautiful show, outstanding, congrats on BOA win.
Hebron…another level, one of the best playing high school marching bands I have ever seen. Congrats on your UIL 6a win and your BOA regional win.

my only Box5 concern was i found they had an app on my firestick, but when i got in, it didn't give me the option to see anything...just login and log out. they fix that, and i'll have zero complaints

BOA bands are much better , bigger , more complex . Music based performances.

US BANDS , too much focus on guard and history of bad judging made bands move to BOA .  

Not enough BOA shows .

can not cast from Box 5. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Swamptihs said:

Stadium looks empty. Are we looking at a activity on decline? 

Not at all. This performance was from prelims. A good chunk of the prelims crowd consists of band parents that show up a band or two before their kid’s band goes on and then leave the second their kid leaves the field. 

2 hours ago, crownisking said:

Not at all. This performance was from prelims. A good chunk of the prelims crowd consists of band parents that show up a band or two before their kid’s band goes on and then leave the second their kid leaves the field. 

I see more and more people leave at the Stanford show after a corps performance. Which is why we like Flo. The mute button is your friend. 

2 hours ago, Poppycock said:

I see more and more people leave at the Stanford show after a corps performance. Which is why we like Flo. The mute button is your friend. 

I would guess that a lot of the band kids like to see BD and SCV warm up in the lot. It was never really my thing but I went to school with some guys that would rather see Corps X’s battery do 8 on the hand in the lot than see a smaller corps’ performance. 

• Thanks 1