BOA vs. U S Bands

I'll try to make this short.  My sophomore year in HS we marched in a parade at the end of a spring competition in
Bradenton FL.  Turns out it was 1.5 miles from the stadium to the start of a 5 mile parade and we had to walk almost a mile to our buses.  We had 5 kids taken to the hospital.  Two years later we were in Myrtle Beach and did a 3 mile parade competition.  We spent 6 weeks marching around the school parking lot for 30 minutes at a time.  We finished that parade and while the other bands were laid out dying, we asked if we go around another time!

:thumbup:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 12/29/2021 at 9:17 PM, Jurassic Lancer said:

When I was in the Windsor Guardsmen, we marched a five mile parade in Windsor, Ontario on Dominion Day, July, 1. A snare drummer and I saw Maynard Ferguson live the night before and did tequila shots after the show (drinking age was 18 at the time).  I don’t know how we survived that parade.

Was that down Ouellette Avenue?

1 hour ago, Continental said:

Was that down Ouellette Avenue?

Yup (but we started on Riverside Drive). And past a dozen Tim Horton’s! 😂

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Yup (but we started on Riverside Drive). And past a dozen Tim Horton’s! 😂

Passing Tim's is a much better experience than this one Detroit parade we did, where we passed a cheese factory that stank to high heaven. 

Now when you pass Tim's you can waste your money on a box of Tim Biebs.

TIMS X JUSTIN BIEBER NEW Tim Biebs TASTE TEST and REVIEW video out now on  YouTube!: u_Illumin_Adam

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Continental said:

Hebron from the Rose Parade.  It's nice to hear them play La Suerte de los Tontos.

Oh nice capture.  Yeah.  They were fantastic.  That video isn't showing it but they also absolutely nailed "The Turn" keeping the ranks straight through the greater than 90 angle and slight switchback.  The turn they'e showing later when not playing is at the end, they were noticeably exhausted...hah.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Oh nice capture.  Yeah.  They were fantastic.  That video isn't showing it but they also absolutely nailed "The Turn" keeping the ranks straight through the greater than 90 angle and slight switchback.  The turn they'e showing later when not playing is at the end, they were noticeably exhausted...hah.

I would have liked to see how well they negotiated the turn.  In my band days we handled turns like the group in this video. 

• Like 1

I've seen a few do that for that turn through the years.  Hebron did the typical rank turn but got  the right guides to go wide so the left guides weren't overly hauling it.  They really did it well too.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

I've seen a few do that for that turn through the years.  Hebron did the typical rank turn but got  the right guides to go wide so the left guides weren't overly hauling it.  They really did it well too.  

Here is Ohio State on the same corner.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Continental said:

Here is Ohio State on the same corner.  

Nice clip. Thanks.

I liked watching the turn. But I couldn't stop thinking about the money involved in sending OSU band members to Pasadena for the parade and game.