BOA vs. U S Bands

FYI - The BOA Honor Band is marching in the Rose Parade on NY's morning.   Feedback from my son so far is that the group sounds great.   Also saw that Hebron from TX is marching as well.  They are always a treat to watch/listen to.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oldbandguy said:

There is also a marching band made up of 250 band directors from all 50 states marching in the parade.  They will accompany a float made in tribute of band directors.  Pretty cool.

There is a live stream of the Band Fest held today and tomorrow on the TofR Music Facebook page.

Yup; I've got a colleague marching & he's been "training" for a couple of months for the 6+ mile parade. :whip: 

4 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Yup; I've got a colleague marching & he's been "training" for a couple of months for the 6+ mile parade. :whip: 

When I was in the Windsor Guardsmen, we marched a five mile parade in Windsor, Ontario on Dominion Day, July, 1. A snare drummer and I saw Maynard Ferguson live the night before and did tequila shots after the show (drinking age was 18 at the time).  I don’t know how we survived that parade.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

When I was in the Windsor Guardsmen, we marched a five mile parade in Windsor, Ontario on Dominion Day, July, 1. A snare drummer and I saw Maynard Ferguson live the night before and did tequila shots after the show (drinking age was 18 at the time).  I don’t know how we survived that parade.

i think many of us could say that about a parade or two over years ( Barnum 96...actually 2000 also and i was just staff for that)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I've got a couple of director friends that have marched it with their groups & they bill it as a 5.5 mile parade.  But with all of the pre & post parade staging, etc, it's closer to 7 miles.  :wink:  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2021 at 4:38 PM, keystone3ply said:

Oh to be on that sideline. The temptation to yell things at them would have been too much to even bear. "Hey that's not your dot!" "Toes! Toes! Toes!" "Battery you sound like shoes in a drier!"

• Haha 1

On 12/29/2021 at 9:17 PM, Jurassic Lancer said:

Great story. You likely survived because you were, you know, young.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mjoakes said:

Great story. You likely survived because you were, you know, young.

Even when I was young, I hated parades. I hated them in HS, College, DCI and DCA. It felt like I was tracking for 4 hours playing the same 8 measures over and over again. 

• Like 1