EMC Productions guy leaving USMC Drum & Bugle Corps

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Another option could be he was using up leave - when I retired out of USAF I had something like 7 weeks leave on books, so 1st 7 weeks of retirement was technically leave. 

depends on how much terminal leave he had available, of course.

i don't think anything he did would constitute anything other than an honorable.

• Like 2

On 10/14/2021 at 7:11 AM, IllianaLancerContra said:

Another option could be he was using up leave - when I retired out of USAF I had something like 7 weeks leave on books, so 1st 7 weeks of retirement was technically leave. 

That is 100% correct. I just retired June 30th. But i actually did my retirement ceremony April 16th, and then started terminal leave immediately after the ceremony, because i had a ton of leave saved up. Not sure about Army/Air Force, but Navy/USMC we are authorized 10 days of job hunting and 10 days of house hunting that can run concurrent to your terminal leave which what i did as well. So if you have 20 days of terminal, adding in the job/house hunt once approved, you can start your separation/retirement 40 days early. So it's possible that's what's he is doing. You can even sell your leave back and make money off it. 

Pending each command's leave policy, some have a limit of how much terminal leave you can take. Most are 60 days. one of my prior ship's i was stationed on was 30 days. My old command in Sasebo Japan was 45 days max of terminal you can use. Not sure what the Marine Corps policy is since i am/was Navy. 

• Like 1

That UCMJ does not play on POG's and G's alike. 

Does not mention any actual processing of charges but if you are really curious you can just ask him in his comments. Maybe he terminal leaved out or he got an other than honorable. 

Hard to believe a sergeant was still wearing BCG's! Portholes please. 

Edited by Swamptihs

17 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

That is 100% correct. I just retired June 30th. But i actually did my retirement ceremony April 16th, and then started terminal leave immediately after the ceremony, because i had a ton of leave saved up. Not sure about Army/Air Force, but Navy/USMC we are authorized 10 days of job hunting and 10 days of house hunting that can run concurrent to your terminal leave which what i did as well. So if you have 20 days of terminal, adding in the job/house hunt once approved, you can start your separation/retirement 40 days early. So it's possible that's what's he is doing. You can even sell your leave back and make money off it. 

Pending each command's leave policy, some have a limit of how much terminal leave you can take. Most are 60 days. one of my prior ship's i was stationed on was 30 days. My old command in Sasebo Japan was 45 days max of terminal you can use. Not sure what the Marine Corps policy is since i am/was Navy. 

Ours was 60 days as well in the Marine Corps, but I got out in 2001 so that might have changed by now. 

57 minutes ago, Lance said:

maybe it's an "IDGAF" thing for him.  

i still have my BCG's, though I never wore them after boot camp. 

He comes off as a frugal type. So why spend the cash when you don't have to right! I think we all end up keeping a bunch of stuff from boot camp. I was going through my seabag and came across the dress shoes (not the coraframs) that we had to stain and polish. No idea why I kept them. 

Too bad that the chain of command did not or would not allow him to utilize the facilities to do his video's. In the end I guess his love for the corps was not as great as the potential $ he could get in the civilian world. He appears to be well educated and loves what he does.