2022 DCI Super 3 Packages

7 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Marietta Diner all the way. The Varsity is where I went when I wanted to eat a $4 chili dog. Marietta Diner is where I go to try to pick something out to eat from a 16 page menu and then wreck a piece of cake the size of a human head. Plus, they have these little tiny orange iced crescent rolls. They're kinda like flubs....you look at them and say "Well those are cute and completely pointless...."

I'd gladly pay twice that for a Varsity chili dog, but I'll defer to you locals (or semi local). That 16 page menu sounds like something my pie-hole would enjoy perusing, 

29 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I'd gladly pay twice that for a Varsity chili dog, but I'll defer to you locals (or semi local). That 16 page menu sounds like something my pie-hole would enjoy perusing, 

And this; 'this guy has game'!  (part of the Varsity experience)

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Did they offer any seat alternatives? 

I’m not interested anymore.  The email that we received from this Megan person was pretty offensive.  Very elitist.  Give us more money $500 to friends of DCI  and we’ll put you at the end of the list. You’ll take what what we give you.  Screw that.  I marched, my kid marched, volunteered, Jim taught, gave tens of thousands of dollars to individual drum corps through donations and sponsorship of members.  I’m not giving DCI any money.  Their Human Resources is terrible.  That’s not how you deal with people. I’ll probably buy the flomarching crap. I have my sofa, a big tv, I’m close to the bathroom, no one is going to steal my seat, but most importantly, I have the mute button. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m not interested anymore.  The email that we received from this Megan person was pretty offensive.  Very elitist.  Give us more money $500 to friends of DCI  and we’ll put you at the end of the list. You’ll take what what we give you.  Screw that.  I marched, my kid marched, volunteered, Jim taught, gave tens of thousands of dollars to individual drum corps through donations and sponsorship of members.  I’m not giving DCI any money.  Their Human Resources is terrible.  That’s not how you deal with people. I’ll probably buy the flomarching crap. I have my sofa, a big tv, I’m close to the bathroom, no one is going to steal my seat, but most importantly, I have the mute button. 

Give us more $$$$ not that it will help eh? Sounds like when my one college started sending multiple donation requests each year. Told them “send me ONE a year or I’m done donating, your choice”. Yep days “of you owe us so fork out” is over.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Give us more $$$$ not that it will help eh? Sounds like when my one college started sending multiple donation requests each year. Told them “send me ONE a year or I’m done donating”. Yep days “of you owe us so fork out” is over.

I buy tickets for plays, concerts, sporting events….never have I gotten an email like that.  For a music based organization, they’re amazingly tone deaf. She did me a favor. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I buy tickets for plays, concerts, sporting events….never have I gotten an email like that.  For a music based organization, they’re amazingly tone deaf. She did me a favor. 

With my blunt ways (getting worse as I get older 😬) I’d send a copy of the email to DCI with “remove me from all mailing lists INCLUDING DONATIONS, the enclosed email explains why”. 
Friend felt an organization wasn’t doing what they were supposed to with a HC family member. She almost sent the yearly pledge card with $0 back but it got worked out (so far).

• Like 4

Holey moley....that's a terrible way to attempt to improve your brand. Good on you, Terri. 

• Like 5

I've always felt that DCI was "tone-deaf".  (all pun intended)  They continually "shoot their self in the foot".   :whistle::spitting: 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I've always felt that DCI was "tone-deaf".  (all pun intended)  They continually "shoot their self in the foot".   :whistle::spitting: 

Honestly, I was placating Jim.  He wanted to go.  I’m having fun down here seeing the state of Florida.   So much to see.   I’m not interested in going to Indianapolis.   But, I was being a trooper and said okay, we’ll go. So thank you, Megan, whoever you are. 

• Haha 4