Crossmen changing logo

22 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

He was not a fan of tv and he practically snapped his cap when my mom signed up for cable for $9.95 a month.  He held out until 1971 before buying a color tv and that was only because we begged him for it. 

No color tv & certainly no cable.  I had to go outside & rotate the antenna for better reception in the 60s for Dad.  Especially for "Red Skelton". 😄

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I thought we were debating bringing back marching timpani.  

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:
2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Well that didn’t work too well. Deleted the video and couldn’t type below it. 😡

Keep hearing one 70s guy on a bus trip to a parade around 2010. DCI legacy Dvd was playing and his son asked “Dad did you carry a drum like that?” Answer was: “yes and that’s why I can’t pick up anything heavy anymore… what were we thinking?”

• Haha 2

Real tymp players BITD wore them up high on the belly and strapped on using snare drum slings. 

Ah, Kingsmen....men amongst men. 

r9cS4W2kyJovAMSVXV7Mc9QqjB-8Tnj1Yk_Y2pLM

Edited by OldSnareDrummer
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

We still had some of those when I was in high school. Clearly we didn't march them but I did "strap on a pig" once just for "fun." Nope...not for me. I'm too delicate and fragile. Give me 2000lbs of Premier tenors any day.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

We still had some of those when I was in high school. Clearly we didn't march them but I did "strap on a pig" once just for "fun." Nope...not for me. I'm too delicate and fragile. Give me 2000lbs of Premier tenors any day.

He’s big and strong, give him a tymp.

He’s hyper as hades, give him a tymp to slow him down. 🤪

• Haha 2

On 10/14/2021 at 6:25 PM, keystone3ply said:

I wonder of these cats in 1981 thought "What the &$^$%^@?? REALLY?? NOW they change the rule???"

Now back to topic. I get how people can "confuse" the logo and associate it with something offensive. As has been stated, the Maltese Cross was around LONG before the Nazi party was formed in 1920. The Nazi's appropriated it and by their association tuned it into something which represents evil. I think because of that association and the tendency today to have some weird urge to be offended about something at all times, it's time to change it. 

I hate this whole thing. I really do. People can be offended about anything now. I walk on egg shells for 9 hours a day in my classroom because you never know when something will be said in a class and you will get pulled into a "meeting" and be written up (or worse) for something that someone else said because it happened in YOUR classroom. 

/rant terminated

• Like 1
  • Haha 1