Crossmen changing logo

18 minutes ago, MGCpimpOtimp said:

Worth noting that Lindbergh actually was a raging anti-semite, and even famously accepted a medal from the Nazi military and only returned it after he got intense criticism.

Oh yeah him and Henry Ford, Lindberghs America First speeches are especially cringe worthy. 

47 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Six pages.  It usually takes longer…

tumblr_o50jeoGv3Z1rdfgw4o1_500.gif

Off the tracks and off topic?

Folks you are looking at the most expensive single camera shot of the silent era. Buster Keatons “The General”.

• Like 3

As mentioned earlier in the thread, the change was in the works this summer. I'm not calling it "old news" since it wasn't ever published, but ... there is a reason that plenty of DCP users who knew about it aren't starting threads on the topic. 🙃

dumpsterfire-dumpster.gif

Edited by mingusmonk

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Folks you are looking at the most expensive single camera shot of the silent era. Buster Keatons “The General”.

I think I took my high school sweetheart to see that. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Brian Tuma said:

I bet your father called the tv the idiot box too. Mine did. 

Mine wasn't too bad with technological advancements until the internet and more specifically social media came along. 

"That will be the death of this society". 

Starting to think he wasn't that far off. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Six pages.  It usually takes longer…

tumblr_o50jeoGv3Z1rdfgw4o1_500.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Geez,  we’re not that old. But, I didn’t know The Wizard of Oz changed to color in Oz until I was in eighth grade. :peek:

We got our first color TV few days before first showing of “It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown” (edit 1966). This time of year have flashbacks of parents inviting elderly neighbors over to see it. They were flipping out over the color and I just wanted them to shut up so I could hear the show. 😫

Have DVDs of pre-WWII Looney Tune cartoons. When I saw them as a kid I thought they were in color. Never realized they really were in black and white. 😳

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

I bet your father called the tv the idiot box too. Mine did. 

He was not a fan of tv and he practically snapped his cap when my mom signed up for cable for $9.95 a month.  He held out until 1971 before buying a color tv and that was only because we begged him for it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1