How soon until the 2022 season schedule is announced?

Call DCI

19 hours ago, tedrick said:

When is the full summer schedule usually released? January?

Traditionally back before the pandemic, the full schedule would be released during the 3rd week of November.  That was the case in 2018 & 2019.  I know because I have it marked in my 'googler' calendar.  Then tickets to the big shows are released & usually go "on sale" during early December in Ticketmaster.  😎   

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

20 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

well per DCI's page Allentown is 8/5 and 8/6

Prior to the pandemic, the tentative plans were that each year San Antonio will be three weeks prior to finals, Atlanta two, and Allentown the week prior. Again prior to the pandemic, the plan was to keep the tours relatively similar from year to year, though there is talk of eliminating some Midwest and East Coast shows. If I remember correctly, if the 2020 season had taken place, there would have been only two early shows in New England and no East Coast swing between Atlanta and Allentown. 

On 10/28/2021 at 9:11 PM, Tim K said:

Prior to the pandemic, the tentative plans were that each year San Antonio will be three weeks prior to finals, Atlanta two, and Allentown the week prior. Again prior to the pandemic, the plan was to keep the tours relatively similar from year to year, though there is talk of eliminating some Midwest and East Coast shows. If I remember correctly, if the 2020 season had taken place, there would have been only two early shows in New England and no East Coast swing between Atlanta and Allentown. 

That would really stink because I love seeing the NE shows right before Allentown. They have great attendance too so I would be surprised if they give those up. late July/ early August shows are better and more attended than any early tour shows, at least around here.  

11 hours ago, Den8uml said:

That would really stink because I love seeing the NE shows right before Allentown. They have great attendance too so I would be surprised if they give those up. late July/ early August shows are better and more attended than any early tour shows, at least around here.  

The 2020 season that was canceled did not have the Lawrence/Quincy, MA show (depended on the year where it was held) prior to Allentown  scheduled and I believe a NJ show was not scheduled. The Buffalo show after Allentown was still scheduled. With new safety guidelines corps had to give more off time which meant fewer shows. I can recall in 2011 there were six opportunities to see drum corps in New England: prior to or around July 4th one show in Connecticut, one in Rhode Island, and two in Massachusetts. There was an Open Class show in New Hampshire in mid July and one more show in the Boston area just before Allentown. Connecticut and Bristol are no more. Whether the two shows in Massachusetts was just a 2020 thing I can’t say but for me, the more shows I can drive to, the better.

7 hours ago, Tim K said:

The 2020 season that was canceled did not have the Lawrence/Quincy, MA show (depended on the year where it was held) prior to Allentown  scheduled and I believe a NJ show was not scheduled. The Buffalo show after Allentown was still scheduled. With new safety guidelines corps had to give more off time which meant fewer shows. I can recall in 2011 there were six opportunities to see drum corps in New England: prior to or around July 4th one show in Connecticut, one in Rhode Island, and two in Massachusetts. There was an Open Class show in New Hampshire in mid July and one more show in the Boston area just before Allentown. Connecticut and Bristol are no more. Whether the two shows in Massachusetts was just a 2020 thing I can’t say but for me, the more shows I can drive to, the better.

True but in 2021 there were two shows in Lawrence and one in Quincy. The one in Lynn was canceled. So 2020 was just a one-off due to covid. They do switch them up from time to time and add/ remove shows but they are still in NE. 

DCI article on the 2022 Texas Tour: return to San Antonio & a show added in the University of Houston Stadium. 

https://www.dci.org/news/san-antonio-return-houston-debut-highlight-2022-dci-texas-tour?utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email 

2022 DCI Texas Tour at a glance

West Texas Drums
Monday, July 18
Buffalo Stadium at West Texas A&M | Canyon, TX

DCI Denton
Thursday, July 21
Apogee Stadium at the University of North Texas | Denton, TX

DCI Round Rock 
Thursday, July 21 
Kelly Reeves Athletic Complex | Round Rock, TX

DCI Houston 
Friday, July 22