How soon until the 2022 season schedule is announced?

58 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

DCI article on the 2022 Texas Tour: return to San Antonio & a show added in the University of Houston Stadium. 

https://www.dci.org/news/san-antonio-return-houston-debut-highlight-2022-dci-texas-tour?utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email 

2022 DCI Texas Tour at a glance

West Texas Drums
Monday, July 18
Buffalo Stadium at West Texas A&M | Canyon, TX

DCI Denton
Thursday, July 21
Apogee Stadium at the University of North Texas | Denton, TX

DCI Round Rock 
Thursday, July 21 
Kelly Reeves Athletic Complex | Round Rock, TX

DCI Houston 
Friday, July 22
TDECU Stadium at the University of Houston | Houston, TX

DCI Southwestern Championship
Saturday, July 23
Alamodome | San Antonio, TX

DCI Corpus Christi
Monday, July 25
Wildcat Stadium at Calallen High School | Corpus Christi, TX

DCI Mesquite
Monday, July 25
Mesquite Memorial Stadium | Mesquite, TX

DCI McKinney
Tuesday, July 26
McKinney ISD Stadium | McKinney, TX

THREE shows in the DFW Metroplex! This actually makes sense as this area is absolutely saturated with excellent high school band programs! 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Yep; I just watched Hebron 2021; that opening statement! 

Yes! I have no idea how the staff at Hebron got those kids to play/perform at such a high level but it was amazing to see in person! It’s a real shame they aren’t going to Grand Nationals this year because I’m confident this show would’ve won it all!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

So that’s where the ubiquitous low-end synth in DCI the past 12 years comes from…

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

We're veering way OT here, but since it happened, I gotta say...that's impressive. I've never really watched much of marching band competitions. Obviously, I've missed out on quite a bit. How on earth do get that many high school kids to perform at such a high level? BITD, the only even semi-talented kids were all already in drum corps. Everyone else pretty much ....well, sucked.  Even the woodwinds here were (dare I say) enjoyable. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

We're veering way OT here, but since it happened, I gotta say...that's impressive. I've never really watched much of marching band competitions. Obviously, I've missed out on quite a bit. How on earth do get that many high school kids to perform at such a high level? BITD, the only even semi-talented kids were all already in drum corps. Everyone else pretty much ....well, sucked.  Even the woodwinds here were (dare I say) enjoyable. 

Very impressive group indeed!  Getting the thread back on track,  the DCI Tour release usually comes during the 3rd week of November.  (I went back to peruse my google calendar from Nov 2018 & 2019.  Forget 2020.)  So I expect it to be released by Friday, November 19th as they've started the teasers.            

Edit:  2022 Tour will be released on Wednesday, November 24th.  (I missed that last paragraph for some reason.)  

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

4 hours ago, MikeZ said:

They article about the Texas tour also states that the full tour schedule will be released on November 24th.

Z

If they are announcing the full tour schedule, what does that say about the logistics of the touring members?  Do they all/most have housing figured out?  I wonder just how many schools are willing to commit to housing a drum corps next summer when some states are about to send kids home to remote learn again.

6 hours ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

If they are announcing the full tour schedule, what does that say about the logistics of the touring members?  Do they all/most have housing figured out?  I wonder just how many schools are willing to commit to housing a drum corps next summer when some states are about to send kids home to remote learn again.

We usually host a corps every summer but haven't had any request to date.  Our system just removed the 'mask' mandate at the end of Oct & we're moving at full throttle right now at the middle & high school level.  The elementary schools are still practicing some of the cdc guidelines since most of those ages can't receive the vaccine.  But hopefully that's changing this month for ages 5 & up.        

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

8 hours ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

I can’t speak for the rest of the country but Texas is “2019 level” open. Finding housing here won’t be a problem. 

• Like 1