How soon until the 2022 season schedule is announced?

DCI please come to Atlanta!  Please , please, please...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I'm sure DCI will have the ATL show, i.e. the "Southeastern Championships", at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium on Saturday, July 30th.  (I have my hotel booked anyway.)  I usually drive up to Crown's show on the following night.

:dancin:   

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

18 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I'm sure DCI will have the ATL show, i.e. the "Southeastern Championships", at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium on Saturday, July 30th.  (I have my hotel booked anyway.)  I usually drive up to Crown's show on the following night.

Britt and I will be there for sure as well.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 5:11 PM, Liahona said:

Well, you got your wish...

I don't love the fact that they're moving the ATL show outdoors. Atlanta is notorious for its hot and rainy summers so good luck getting an all day show in. I bet they moved the show for the same reason BOA did...too expensive to rent MB Stadium.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, crownisking said:

Well, you got your wish...

I don't love the fact that they're moving the ATL show outdoors. Atlanta is notorious for its hot and rainy summers so good luck getting an all day show in. I bet they moved the show for the same reason BOA did...too expensive to rent MB Stadium.

Yup; I'm sure it'll be 105 heat index with a 80% chance of thunderstorms.  (Mercedes-Benz had some great food in the lower club level.)  I just don't like Georgia State's stadium & the location.  DCI states a scheduling conflict with Mercedes-Benz.  Here's the article on the SE leg of tour:

https://www.dci.org/news/atlanta-winston-salem-to-welcome-largest-southeastern-events-of-2022-dci-tour?utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email 

UPDATE:  MERCEDES-BENZ BOOKED FOR LUKE COMBS CONCERT :spitting:

GET YOUR TICKETS HERE!

https://www.ticketmaster.com/luke-combs-atlanta-georgia-07-30-2022/event/0E005B68FD56522C

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

46 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Yup; I'm sure it'll be 105 heat index with a 80% chance of thunderstorms.  (Mercedes-Benz had some great food in the lower club level.)  I just don't like Georgia State's stadium & the location.  DCI states a scheduling conflict with Mercedes-Benz.  Here's the article on the SE leg of tour:

https://www.dci.org/news/atlanta-winston-salem-to-welcome-largest-southeastern-events-of-2022-dci-tour?utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email 

UPDATE:  MERCEDES-BENZ BOOKED FOR LUKE COMBS CONCERT :spitting:

GET YOUR TICKETS HERE!

https://www.ticketmaster.com/luke-combs-atlanta-georgia-07-30-2022/event/0E005B68FD56522C

Interesting. Yeah I remember going to a Braves game years ago and noting that the neighborhood surrounding the stadium was…less than ideal. Hopefully the even will be back indoors in 2023. I’ll gladly take the worse acoustics if it means not having to fry in the sun all day or run for my life if a storm suddenly decides to park itself over my area. 

• Like 2

On 11/11/2021 at 6:27 PM, keystone3ply said:

well, not so much

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

well, not so much

Yup; Luke Combs concert booked in Mercedes-Benz. Is that the "Fancy-Like Applebee's" guy?  I have no clue.  

I'm bummed about the venue. If I'm going to sit outside, then it looks like a Murfreesboro/Winston-Salem trip thru the Smokies for the SE tour might be in order.  🚙    

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 2

More evidence that I'm an old goat out of touch with today's pop culture. I have no idea who Luke Combs is. Evidently popular enough to boot DCI out of MB stadium. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

More evidence that I'm an old goat out of touch with today's pop culture. I have no idea who Luke Combs is. Evidently popular enough to boot DCI out of MB stadium. 

Think he just won country entertainer of the year but I don't listen to much country.  Hopefully a "first come first serve" issue?  Or maybe to the highest bidder?  But they need to return to the Mercedes venue in 2023.  I think they'll have a lot of complaints with the GSU venue.  

I think Bobby Dodd stadium is a better seating venue but I think there were issues with corps parking, warm-up areas. etc for a regular tour show.  GSU is just a converted baseball stadium.   

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 2