How soon until the 2022 season schedule is announced?

Looks like my summer plans are set:

Saturday, July 2 - Madison WI

Sunday, July 3 - Lisle IL

Saturday, July 9 - DeKalb IL

Saturday, July 16 - Whitewater WI

Friday, July 29 - Murfreesboro TN

Friday, August 5 - Allentown PA

Saturday, August 6 - Allentown PA

Friday, August 12 - Indy

Saturday, August 13 - Indy

18 minutes ago, DeanInChicago said:

Looks like my summer plans are set:

Mine too. Shockingly, not that different from my winter plans. 

Mature Man Sleeping in Front of the TV Stock Image - Image of exhausted,  gentleman: 77713333

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/23/2021 at 1:49 PM, Jothcra said:

For those with concerns about Center Parc Stadium / DCI Southeast:

The area surrounding the stadium is rapidly being developed, with multiple student and luxury housing developments going up in the past few years. There's street-level retail and restaurants now, with a new Publix going in next year and basically continual construction and streetscape improvements.

https://summerhillatl.com/

https://reporternewspapers.net/2021/07/01/rediscovering-summerhill-community-is-undergoing-a-dramatic-renaissance-after-decades-of-being-ignored/

I'll avoid getting into the politics of gentrification since this isn't the place, but the bottom line is that this area is massively different from what it was when any of you would have last visited for a Braves game in 2016.

The stadium itself has undergone a lot of improvements. And while it's true there's much to be done still, the field is excellent artificial turf, there's good sight lines from the entire home side (if a bit low in the 100-level), there's ample concourse space, and there's plenty of room for lot activities.

Listed "capacity" is in the neighborhood of 24,000-25,000, but that's a figure for the lower bowl. Close off the visitors sideline + end zones and open the 400 level, and the figure is likely still about the same.

Big images below, so I hid them to avoid taking up a ton of forum space. Click the "spoiler" to expand.

Hide contents

Georgia-State-Stadium.jpg

1590677756-CaseStudy-GSUStadium-HeroLarg

3327486.jpg

CXIUO2EVYZBENKS53ILYMKNCMI.JPG

Suggested level? Which one is near pressbox or where judges will likely be sitting/standing. Thanks.

I moved here at the end of 2019. I only heard that area around (parc) has been on the rise, since the college took over the stadium.

Edited by Liahona
Typo

52 minutes ago, ykw said:

Interesting that I don't see The Cadets, Blue Knights or Crossmen on the line-up for this show on Saturday 7/30

The Academy - Tempe, AZ
Atlanta CV - Atlanta, GA
Blue Devils - Concord, CA
Blue Stars - La Crosse, WI
Bluecoats - Canton, OH
Boston Crusaders - Boston, MA
Carolina Crown - Fort Mill, SC
The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL
Genesis - Austin, TX
Gold - San Diego, CA
Heat Wave - Tampa Bay, FL
Madison Scouts - Madison, WI
Mandarins - Sacramento, CA
Music City - Nashville, TN
Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL
Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, CA
Spirit of Atlanta - Atlanta, GA

Another reason to skip ATL this year.  A couple of paragraphs from the SE Tour release article:

DCI’s inaugural event at Georgia State will feature 17 World, Open and All-Age Class corps, while on Sunday, July 31, a lineup of 14 World Class corps will head to Winston-Salem, North Carolina, for the Carolina Crown-presented NightBEAT at Wake Forest University.

“Taking into consideration travel and logistics, this year’s plan for Atlanta and Winston-Salem will feature the top-six corps from 2019 in both shows and all other World Class corps in one event or the other,” Acheson said.

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Another reason to skip ATL this year.  A couple of paragraphs from the SE Tour release article:

DCI’s inaugural event at Georgia State will feature 17 World, Open and All-Age Class corps, while on Sunday, July 31, a lineup of 14 World Class corps will head to Winston-Salem, North Carolina, for the Carolina Crown-presented NightBEAT at Wake Forest University.

“Taking into consideration travel and logistics, this year’s plan for Atlanta and Winston-Salem will feature the top-six corps from 2019 in both shows and all other World Class corps in one event or the other,” Acheson said.

Don't forget murfreesboro just before ATL as well...of course that college is in the middle of nowhere in my opinion...I drove from Atl to there in 2019.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chadwick said:

Hi Everyone -

I live in the area of the GSU Stadium for the Atlanta show and I think many of you that plan to attend will be very surprised with the area.  It is VERY different from what it once was when it was the Turner Field venue.  I'd argue that there are more restaurants to go to nearby than at the Mercedes Benz Stadium downtown; all of them are local, not chains.  Will the food and beverage offerings inside the GSU stadium match that of MBS, not at all.  But I think the Summerhill restaurant row will turn in to quite a special spot for drum corps fans to hang out pre- and post- show.  I actually hope they return here every year versus MBS.  See this link here for the Summerhill neighborhood showing what is open and what is to come soon:  https://summerhillatl.com/

The coffee shop has the best pastries you can imagine; the BBQ joint is fantastic; Hotdog Pete's is crazy good (waffle fries in a funnel cake batter), Hero donuts is tasty; the brewery is a great spot for pre show beer....I could go on!  Oh and the ice cream shop, Big Softie, will sure be a busy place.  

All of the parking lots are slowly turning into apartments/condos particularly catering to GSU students so the area is very active late into the evening.  I promise you'll feel safe!

There is also another great local restaurant hub about 1/2 mile away in Grant Park called the Beacon: https://www.thebeaconatlanta.com/  So if Summerhill is too crowded can do a quick drive through the historic Grant Park neighborhood to these restaurants.

As for Atlanta now being an outdoor show in July - I can't wait to hear live drum corps outdoors again...no more echo. Yes it will be hot, yes it may rain, but I think these risks are worth it!

Sorry but being orginally from New York area, I am laughing a bit on your talking up THE food here in Atlanta...it is a joke IMO. There is just no comparison and I live here now.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Don't forget murfreesboro just before ATL as well...of course that college is in the middle of nowhere in my opinion...I drove from Atl to there in 2019.

Yup; I've been to the Murfreesboro show years ago.  I'll probably go to the Murfreesboro show & then take a drive thru the Smokies to the Winston-Salem show skipping ATL.    

36 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Sorry but being orginally from New York area, I am laughing a bit on your talking up THE food here in Atlanta...it is a joke IMO. There is just no comparison and I live here now.

This GSU venue in no way compares to the Mercedes-Benz venue while staying in one of the Centennial Park hotels.  Plenty of food choices & everything is walkable.  I'll also miss the club level food in the venue.   

• Like 2

Just saw BAC’s tour schedule and noticed it has fewer shows than 2019 did.  I’m now wondering if this will be typical of all corps this year to help manage expenses.  A bit later start and this past years success with virtual rehearsals, and a bit shorter ST, may equate to decent cost reduction for overall tour costs, especially where costs for everything has increased significantly.  Even staying flat on expenditures would be a win.

8 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Just saw BAC’s tour schedule and noticed it has fewer shows than 2019 did.  I’m now wondering if this will be typical of all corps this year to help manage expenses.  A bit later start and this past years success with virtual rehearsals, and a bit shorter ST, may equate to decent cost reduction for overall tour costs, especially where costs for everything has increased significantly.  Even staying flat on expenditures would be a win.

If it wasn't for BAC sending me their schedule email, I would have missed the tour announcement.  It's not like I look at DCI.org everyday in the off-season...

• Like 1