How soon until the 2022 season schedule is announced?

26 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Just saw BAC’s tour schedule and noticed it has fewer shows than 2019 did.  I’m now wondering if this will be typical of all corps this year to help manage expenses.  A bit later start and this past years success with virtual rehearsals, and a bit shorter ST, may equate to decent cost reduction for overall tour costs, especially where costs for everything has increased significantly.  Even staying flat on expenditures would be a win.

This is speculation on my part, so if someone has a different explanation about the later start date, they could be correct. I know someone who works for the housing department at a local college. He said summer programs that offer housing will be starting a bit later in 2022 because of new cleaning protocols due to Covid. The protocols could be unnecessary in May, but they are scheduling as if they would still be in place. Where so many corps use college campuses for their Spring training, the hourpsing facilities might not be ready until later which could be the reason for the later start date. However, where California is starting a bit earlier than the tour opening show, maybe that’s not the case.

On 11/23/2021 at 1:49 PM, Jothcra said:

For those with concerns about Center Parc Stadium / DCI Southeast:

The stadium itself has undergone a lot of improvements. And while it's true there's much to be done still, the field is excellent artificial turf, there's good sight lines from the entire home side (if a bit low in the 100-level), there's ample concourse space, and there's plenty of room for lot activities.

I can help but think how the Bluecoats show TILT would have LQQKED at this stadium...LOL

Screen-Shot-2020-10-21-at-4.15.28-PM.png

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

This GSU venue in no way compares to the Mercedes-Benz venue while staying in one of the Centennial Park hotels.  Plenty of food choices & everything is walkable.  I'll also miss the club level food in the venue.   

It’s outdoors, too. Hard to justify to myself flying in with the chance of a rainout.   No can do. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Just saw BAC’s tour schedule and noticed it has fewer shows than 2019 did.  I’m now wondering if this will be typical of all corps this year to help manage expenses.  A bit later start and this past years success with virtual rehearsals, and a bit shorter ST, may equate to decent cost reduction for overall tour costs, especially where costs for everything has increased significantly.  Even staying flat on expenditures would be a win.

By my tally:

Number of 2022 shows (pre-Indy)

Blue Devils 17
Bluecoats 19
Santa Clara Vanguard 19
Carolina Crown 18
The Cavaliers 25
Boston Crusaders 19
Blue Knights 21
Blue Stars 23
The Cadets 20
Mandarins 23
Crossmen 20
Phantom Regiment 22
Spirit of Atlanta 19
Pacific Crest 18
The Academy 23
Colts 22
Madison Scouts 20
Troopers 20
Genesis 20
Music City 20

I'd say 20 shows seems to be the average, with Cavaliers being an outlier at 25

Edited by ykw

This is the first time that I can remember (and possibly the first time in DCI history) where there are no shows in New York State. Even in the cancelled 2020 tour there were stops in Buffalo and a Syracuse-area show to replace the now-defunct Rome show.

8 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

This is the first time that I can remember (and possibly the first time in DCI history) where there are no shows in New York State. Even in the cancelled 2020 tour there were stops in Buffalo and a Syracuse-area show to replace the now-defunct Rome show.

Here's the state distribution of the 20 shows (pre-Indy) for The Cadets.   What do you notice?

Texas 4
Georgia 2
Mississippi 2
Alabama 1
North Carolina 1
South Carolina 1
Tennessee 1

Ohio 1

Massachusetts 2
Pennsylvania 2
Delaware 1
Maryland 1
Annapolis 1

21 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s outdoors, too. Hard to justify to myself flying in with the chance of a rainout.   No can do. 

The Dome is nice...that's for sure, If it wasn't in my back yard, I would probably be in the same place as you are. We're going to try to catch more shows this year than we did in '19 as long as the Co-vissle settles down. Here's to hoping...

• Like 2

A lot that looks familiar, and many things a little different. Looks like a few good shows and then a lot of rehearsal time for the CA corps in the early weeks. Stanford is always great, and there's no worries about rain. Fire, earthquakes, Nordstrom mobs, yes. 😀 But no rain.

Had plans to see the small show in Caspar, WY in 2019, but cancelled last minute. Now maybe no more shows there.

6 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

The Dome is nice...that's for sure, If it wasn't in my back yard, I would probably be in the same place as you are. We're going to try to catch more shows this year than we did in '19 as long as the Co-vissle settles down. Here's to hoping...

I liked the Dome and location. I'm not discerning enough to get upset over indoor drum corps. And when travel and a hotel stay is required, I don't want the chance of ugly weather.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ykw said:

Here's the state distribution of the 20 shows (pre-Indy) for The Cadets.   What do you notice?

Texas 4
Georgia 2
Mississippi 2
Alabama 1
North Carolina 1
South Carolina 1
Tennessee 1

Ohio 1

Massachusetts 2
Pennsylvania 2
Delaware 1
Maryland 1
Annapolis 1

Seems like the distribution of shows has shifted from the Northeast (where there is less interest in the marching arts than there was in DCI's early years) to the South (where the population is exploding and the marching arts are thriving). I've known this fact for a while, but in terms of the tour schedule, this is easily the most pronounced it's been since I started following the activity.