How soon until the 2022 season schedule is announced?

25 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

We stayed in a Hampton inn that was about 15 -20 minutes away.   I think it was west of Allentown. It was 2014 so my memory is foggy.  I was pretty uncomfortable on the bench seats and it rained on Friday.  But I knew it was the last time I was ever going there so it was fine.  It was my Allentown farewell trip.  Parking is a challenge.  

Still remember the DCA Prelims trip my sister and I took. This was when Prelims and Finals were same day so early Sunday morning. Pull into a closed strip mall and guy asked with a smile on his face “you here for the show”. When I said yes it was “PRIVATE LOT MOVE IT OR GET TOWED”.

So we parked on the street right in front of him. 😈 Leaving putting stuff in the car and happened to look up. Someone pulled out without looking and car coming up the street took all the chrome off the side of that car. Can still see the chrome strips flying up like little missles. I kept my head down, jumped in and said to sis “we didn’t see ####” as the drivers were getting out and 😡

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I was looking to go this past summer but then changed my mind.  I was looking at the hotels (google maps) down 222 close to I-78?  I've heard parking is a real issue & wanted to Uber to stadium. I would be interested to see any info offered as well. 🤔

There are not any hotels in the immediate area near the stadium that I know of which makes sense considering the stadium in spite of its size is meant for high school sports and is built near where people live. Parking can be tricky. I park each year in the same lot and arrive at the same time to park. Friday is never a problem, usually just $5, Saturday is $10 and good spots go fast. I would think Uber would be a disaster in Allentown. Connecting with an Uber driver would be difficult. Cars are not allowed on the road nearest the stadium. Traffic on Hamilton Street, the main road near the stadium is crazy. People are everywhere. Even if you have to walk a bit, a car nearby is the best option. 

I usually stay in either Bethlehem or Quakertown. Both are near the highway which makes a Saturday day trip easier. I don’t stay in five star accommodations. I splurge a bit in Indy but in Allentown clean and reasonably convenient are what matter most. I also make sure I have at least one breakfast at either Ham-Fam or Quakertown Family Restaurant. Chances are you’ll hear at least one juicy bit of info at one of these establishments which turns out to be true, and lots that aren’t, but if you don’t hear at least a few tidbits, your Allentown experience is not complete.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I was looking to go this past summer but then changed my mind.  I was looking at the hotels (google maps) down 222 close to I-78?  I've heard parking is a real issue & wanted to Uber to stadium. I would be interested to see any info offered as well. 🤔

I've been going here for decades...

My suggestion for Uber is to enter stadium on W Turner, but get there from (W Chew Street) and N 22nd Street. Get your Uber to the Volunteer Fire Station on West End (not the stadium).  You can enter stadium entrance there which is literally across the street.

Linden Street is not option as the corps busses and trucks will be there.  Also Hamilton Avenue at bottom of hill is very congested.  If you want to trek up the hill(mountain), you will have to go to East side as West side is corps entrance only.

If you want to see warmups, then get dropped off at the park area on Hamilton Avenue around N Ott Street or a bit closer to stadium and walk in. It's a nice park and you'll probably see a lot of tailgating parties there as well.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mjoakes said:

Off topic a little: I don't see much lodging near J Birney Crum Stadium. Any suggestions for a first-time Allentown attendee?

you'll want to look a little outside of town...either out by the airport, or out in Fogelsville where Rt 100 meets I 78. The few right by Dorney Park generally get filled up with people going to Dorney park. 

if you belong to a hotel rewards group, you'll find some good options

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

parking is a challenge yes, as it's not a stadium like you'll get at most high schools or colleges or pro stadiums. Not sure how Uber will work and i believe there is still some construction on 22/Hamilton Blvd there by the stadium where the bridge going over the creek was being replaced after 20,000 years. 

Now by the stadium are many small private lots where for decent prices you can park and have a short walk to all of the fun.

i'd be glad to message either of you privately

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

you'll want to look a little outside of town...either out by the airport, or out in Fogelsville where Rt 100 meets I 78. The few right by Dorney Park generally get filled up with people going to Dorney park. 

if you belong to a hotel rewards group, you'll find some good options

Yup; I was also looking at a 'Hilton' product which it looks like they're on the Northeast side close to the airport off Hwy 22.  I don't have to stay at one but I do love my points.  Thanks!

14 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

parking is a challenge yes, as it's not a stadium like you'll get at most high schools or colleges or pro stadiums. Not sure how Uber will work and i believe there is still some construction on 22/Hamilton Blvd there by the stadium where the bridge going over the creek was being replaced after 20,000 years. 

Now by the stadium are many small private lots where for decent prices you can park and have a short walk to all of the fun.

i'd be glad to message either of you privately

I wasn’t going to say anything but you guys should message him.  hint hint,😉😉😉

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Yup; I was also looking at a 'Hilton' product which it looks like they're on the Northeast side close to the airport off Hwy 22.  I don't have to stay at one but I do love my points.  Thanks!

plenty of food options out there as well.

sadly i know downtown has had a lot of new things going on since the arena went in, but i actually havent been down there in eons

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I wasn’t going to say anything but you guys should message him.  hint hint,😉😉😉

well...my lot is generally full. but one never knows

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I have  been going to Allentown in my RV for nearly 30 years. It has become very restrictive in terms of where you can park.  Bitd, people parked throughout the duck pond/ grassy areas. (Both cars and rvs.) Then it changed to be only parking on the wide road which runs parallel  to the back side of the stadium.  A few years ago, that entire stretch was also blocked off, even though most corps now park their buses on the access road through the park.   I get that they didn't want to damage the grass, but blocking off the entire stretch of road seems excessive.