Spirit Taps Starnes As Executive Director

As Spirit of Atlanta Inc. continues to advance its mission of providing high-quality arts education programs through a positive environment that emphasizes character and the pursuit of excellence, the Board of Directors is pleased to announce David Starnes as Executive Director. Starnes will lead the organization’s operations and be responsible for strategic planning, coordination with […]

View the full article

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GBugler said:

David will breathe fresh air into this corps. He's a top-notch educator and I wish him nothing but the best!

The fresh air has been there the last 3-4 years. They just need that last little nudge to get back into finals. This past summer’s program was an incredibly fresh take on a Southern theme. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

The fresh air has been there the last 3-4 years. They just need that last little nudge to get back into finals. This past summer’s program was an incredibly fresh take on a Southern theme. 

I think last year’s show might have creeped into the top twelve in a normal competitive year. Yes, I know there were heavy weights who chose not to come to Indy, and I am factoring that into the equation.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I think last year’s show might have creeped into the top twelve in a normal competitive year. Yes, I know there were heavy weights who chose not to come to Indy, and I am factoring that into the equation.

It was a competitive show with some nice moments from the horn line. I enjoyed it much more than their bizarre 2019 show with the trash bag dresses

Edited by Smug Trumpet Guy