RIP Stephen Sondheim

“The theatre has lost one of its greatest geniuses and the world has lost one of its greatest and most original writers. Sadly, there is now a giant in the sky. But the brilliance of Stephen Sondheim will still be here as his legendary songs and shows will be performed for evermore. Goodbye old friend and thank you from all of us.”   
Cameron Mackintosh

Last night HBO had on "Six By Sondheim".

Definitely worth watching.

The "history" of "Send In The Clowns" and the number of major stars who

recorded it was really interesting.

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I read somewhere that he got to see it. 🤷‍♀️

You are correct. I forgot this movie was supposed to come out in 2020. Obviously we know it was postponed. Some of the new WSS songs from the 2021 movie are on YouTube. I'm blow away at this new adaptation in this new film.

Edited by DFA1970
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

You are correct. I forgot this movie was supposed to come out in 2020. Obviously we know it was postponed. Some of the new WSS songs from the 2021 movie are on YouTube. I'm blow away at this new adaptation in this new film.

I think I’m going to the movie theater for the first time since Covid to see this. 

• Like 3

The 1986 27th Lancers played a Sondheim Suite.  A full show of Sondheim Music!  They finished 13th but I think it was ahead of its time.   

George Zingali came back that year (first time since he left after 1981) to help out with show concept and drill design.  

Check it out, someone has it up on Youtube. 

Sadly, it was the last year the Lancers would field a competitive corps.

• Like 2