Phantom Regiment troubles?..

1 hour ago, inbetween said:

Good they are working on it but….

1) why post names? People in the corps might know who did what but this is basically in the open.

2) wth is it with using the word “drag” and putting it in quotes to draw even more attention to it?

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

Good they are working on it but….

1) why post names? People in the corps might know who did what but this is basically in the open.

2) wth is it with using the word “drag” and putting it in quotes to draw even more attention to it?

I thought the same thing. If they have no tangible proof, that was a brave move. I had heard about this but assumed the corps had settled it because it hadn't hit the "news". I guess they didn't. 

And they meant drag in the slang term. Pretty sure that is why it was put in quotes. 

Also want to point out MAASIN has already had its own trouble. Just had a member arrested for domestic violence. It is discussed on their blog if you're interested in reading. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, inbetween said:

And they meant drag in the slang term. Pretty sure that is why it was put in quotes. 

I thought so too. Just thought picking a different term would have been better considering the subject.

18 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Perhaps the staff member should be called by a new name.

I've got a great one for them, Fired. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, FTNK said:

File this in the ever-expanding "maybe drum corps culture is fundamentally irredeemable" column.

I wouldn't say that as its not just Drum Corps.  There are several examples of unacceptable behavior in the different groups.  Racism in Hockey and NFL leadership (ie coaching), and Homophobia in sports to name a few.

It just spotlights that we all need to reevaluate how we treat other individuals and how we identify/overcome our own individual biases.

• Like 2