Phantom Regiment troubles?..

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I had one visual guy say “screw you” to me.  I guess I was kind of a smart ### back then but even so, that crossed the line.  

I once got ordered by Tony Hall to get off the field— and I totally earned it. I, um, told our drum major (Tzar Nikk on DCP) to “p*** off!” during a rehearsal.   From the end zone. Thank God he let me back on, after I profusely explained, and apologized for, the error of my ways.

• Like 2

I’ll also say, in regards to the actual thread topic, that my outsider’s perspective (which it basically is, after all these years) is that the corps really has tried to be a inclusive place to teach and march. And I know three people on the board, that I happened to march with, that are of the highest order and would never be okay with anything otherwise. So I feel confident that it will be dealt with and addressed appropriately.

I know nothing beyond the linked statement, which is just one side of the story. There are, I’m sure, details which we aren’t privy to and, for reasons of privacy, etc., the corps can’t publicly go into, at least in terms of specifics. It’s just an assumption on my part, but I think it’s probably not far off. (BTW, I’m not intending to discount what the person reporting this said. Just that it’s likely not a complete picture either.)

edit: I came back to re-read my post on this. I think I worded this very poorly but will leave my words as is, but offer the following clarification.

When I made reference to “one side of the story” I was thinking in terms of whether or not the corps had taken any steps to address the issue and that maybe the victim might not have been aware of. But, as I read it now, I can see how it could come across as doubting what they said occurred and that was not, is not, my intention. Still, probably a dumb thing to say. I’ll try to choose my words more carefully. (And, honestly, as I reflect on it again, I think there’d have been room to discuss it at least in some way publicly, by now.)

Edited by year1buick
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Not surprised. Drum corps is a microcosm of American society and since society is going down the drain, I'm expecting drum corps to follow it. 

Kinda depends on the lens you’re looking through. This isn’t really the appropriate place, but I could certainly make the argument that society has been in the gutter for far longer than many care to admit. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, crownisking said:

Kinda depends on the lens you’re looking through. This isn’t really the appropriate place, but I could certainly make the argument that society has been in the gutter for far longer than many care to admit. 

it's just far more out in the open now

• Thanks 5

34 minutes ago, crownisking said:

I might even go so far as saying society has been sinking much faster than our beloved activity.  Or at least Drum Corps has been addressing these issues more head on than society at large, although I certainly don’t excuse these accusations.  They are reprehensible. 

• Like 3

With respect to Phantom there are errors and there are issues. Can they get through it all? I expect they can. 

I am going to start a thread that details something about a corps and the treatment some received. I will provide details without names and I expect some might be shocked. I can only hope that those involved would read it and try to understand,,,,,, I sure hope its not derailed by some high school band director or a former government worker. 

I promise the story will be interesting on its own. 

• Thanks 1