Phantom Regiment troubles?..

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

DCI needs serious teeth when stuff is reported. some corps seem to manage it well, others don't. for all of the ballyhoo after April 2018 and all of the reporting and training and everything that is supposed to be in place, we still hear of stuff happening. Not just older stuff like the cavies thread, but SINCE April 2018. I realize DCI is run by the corps, but when these issues get out, in some way it affects all of them. Maybe some type of financial incentive aka your share gets reduced. maybe hitting them where they need it most would be a wake up call.

note i am saying to go back and relitigate anything pre-2018. Just anything since. Pio gone. Crossmen so many issues. Shadow. OC. now this with Phantom. I miss anyone?

Remove your corps director, or we will remove your corps (Pioneer).  DCI has already demonstrated a stronger bite than what you suggested there.

But this thread is about the Phantom Regiment allegation.  Do you think DCI should be using their teeth on that situation?  And if so, how?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

DCI needs serious teeth when stuff is reported. some corps seem to manage it well, others don't. for all of the ballyhoo after April 2018 and all of the reporting and training and everything that is supposed to be in place, we still hear of stuff happening. Not just older stuff like the cavies thread, but SINCE April 2018. I realize DCI is run by the corps, but when these issues get out, in some way it affects all of them. Maybe some type of financial incentive aka your share gets reduced. maybe hitting them where they need it most would be a wake up call.

note i am saying to go back and relitigate anything pre-2018. Just anything since. Pio gone. Crossmen so many issues. Shadow. OC. now this with Phantom. I miss anyone?

Troopers

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

Remove your corps director, or we will remove your corps (Pioneer).  DCI has already demonstrated a stronger bite than what you suggested there.

But this thread is about the Phantom Regiment allegation.  Do you think DCI should be using their teeth on that situation?  And if so, how?

The cynic in me thinks that DCI was happy they could finally get rid of a Corps (Pioneer) that didn't fit into the current DCI brand.  Stuff at Crossmen & Troopers was just as bad (or worse) - they are still around.  Not to mention there were accusations against Cadets concerning an incident in Indy (summer 19?).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Stuff at Crossmen & Troopers was just as bad (or worse) - they are still around.  Not to mention there were accusations against Cadets concerning an incident in Indy (summer 19?).

Leadership changed hands in all those other examples.  Pioneer was unwilling/unable to make such a change.

51 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Leadership changed hands in all those other examples.  Pioneer was unwilling/unable to make such a change.

Unwilling.  

There have always been people around willing to help Pio get significantly better every day.  Coulda made it happen, too, if someone could have loosened the grip. But, that wasn't in the cards.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Smug Trumpet Guy said:

I wish I could speak candidly on this matter without being silenced for a week. I guess you are only allowed to have one opinion when these stories smearing entire organizations come out

Welcome to the decade of woke and egg shell skulls.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Smug Trumpet Guy said:

I wish I could speak candidly on this matter without being silenced for a week. I guess you are only allowed to have one opinion when these stories smearing entire organizations come out

You can speak your mind.. just do so within the community guidelines and you'll be fine. Just bear in mind however that words often generate responses and not everyone will agree with your point of view. Moderation here has never and will never be about silencing opinions and discussion.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

And that entire list are corps who suffered from other more dangerous, pervasive issues.  Which is my point.

can drum corps continue to afford more PR black eyes small or large?

try finding housing in Eastern PA since 2018. not just the corps in the news, all corps.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

on time. yet many other issues have surfaced ( i am sure i missed some.)

• Sad 1