Phantom Regiment troubles?..

9 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

But conflating it with THAT achieves nothing.

Irony is you quoted “more PR black eyes SMALL or LARGE”. I don’t that that as making the incidents the same (conflating).

Pretty sure most people that live in reality aren't conflating Hoppygate to this.  If they do, that's on their lack of reality and perception.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Irony is you quoted “more PR black eyes SMALL or LARGE”. I don’t that that as making the incidents the same (conflating).

"Conflate" does not mean making them the same... just connecting and combining.  (And for no good purpose that I can see, in this instance.)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

"Conflate" does not mean making them the same... just connecting and combining.  (And for no good purpose that I can see, in this instance.)

Ok I misunderstood. I see it as bad for the image of the activity and Phantom in particular. How bad unsure unless more info comes out. Mainly how Phantom handled it and what steps were taken to try to stop it from happening again. 
Earlier you(?) said there are hundreds of good people in corps and this is concentrating on a bad one. Old saying from my job “all it takes is one “oh crap” to wipe out all the atta boys”

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

for the record, i too have been suspended for violating guidelines. probably for telling ####### morons to shut the #### up

We had an instructor who once, after someone was spouting-off about something, said "Do you have anything else to say before I stop ignoring you?  OK- RESET!"

1 hour ago, Mello Dude said:

Pretty sure most people that live in reality aren't conflating Hoppygate to this.  If they do, that's on their lack of reality and perception.

Everything in Drum Corps today is viewed to some degree through the lens of the Hopocalypse

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
clarity
  • Like 3

Apologies I was just reminded I forgot Mandarins on my list of issues after April 18

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Try finding housing anywhere on Earth since March 2020... but I digress.

The situation to which you refer is very different from the one that spawned this thread.  That was the Hopocalypse, a situation where the story of a 38-year history of serious crimes perpetrated by a corps director hit the national news media, and it still required the removal of the entire corps BOD at threat of DCI sidelining the corps, revoking membership, etc., before we could even so much as suspend said corps director pending investigation.

I get it - you want a more satisfying response/resolution to this staff behavior incident.  So do I.  But conflating it with THAT achieves nothing.

Housing was an issue pre-pandemic. Eventually the pandemic won’t be an excuse. What scapegoat will dci create then? 

I want transparency and I want dci to take it seriously like WGI does. Hell DCA does better. Swatting at flies as they appear, almost always brought forth online isn’t a wise approach. Kids today pay attention to this stuff and so do parents. And dci’s marketing has made it clear for a while now that kids and their parents are the focus, not us old farts…. Excuse me legacy fans. 

i would like dci to be around and viable when my kid is eligible 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

Agreed. But continues black eyes with stories like this do not help dci at all

• Like 2