Phantom Regiment troubles?..

44 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

Well, to be fair everyone reacts to things differently.  That's fine if you want to go down that path, knock yourself out...polite pass from me.  For myself, I want to hear from people standing around this person and in the context that it was given.  Then "I" can make a decision that I would think a "reasonable" person would give the circumstances around the alleged incidents.

So you would wait for more info which is what I would like also. Yet… you already called this “ribbing” like the person involved should not have been offended.
As for “hope there is more to that person than…”. I’m filling in … with skin color, religion, LGBT, etc and it just comes across as an insult. Thinking yes it is part of them but could be important to them.

edit: to be clearer I am talking more about the idea of comments made about ones sexuality or anything that makes them in the minority and less about this incident 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

9 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So you would wait for more info which is what I would like also. Yet… you already called this “ribbing” like the person involved should not have been offended.
As for “hope there is more to that person than…”. I’m filling in … with skin color, religion, LGBT, etc and it just comes across as an insult. Thinking yes it is part of them but could be important to them.

You are trying to build a strawman. I said getting ribbed was common in the 80's and yes people were offended.  You act like being offended is the end of the world.  I suggest broadening your horizons (travel some) if this is the case. 

Being offended;  I suppose I could be offended you misquoted me (purposely and with malice) and report you to the powers that be and let everyone rally with torches; or, a do what a more reasonable person and not and take it for what it was or is.  Context matters.  If you are trying to out eggshell skull someone with a eggshell skull and assume you understand or know (Godlike powers here) what offends everyone, good luck with that.  The only way you could possibly NOT offend someone at some time is to go live in a cave somewhere and STILL someone would get offended you have a cave.  THIS is why we need to hear from the marching members that were there before all the faux outrage at PR or DCI festers here like the RAMD of old.

3 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

You are trying to build a strawman. I said getting ribbed was common in the 80's and yes people were offended.  You act like being offended is the end of the world.  I suggest broadening your horizons (travel some) if this is the case. 

Being offended;  I suppose I could be offended you misquoted me (purposely and with malice) and report you to the powers that be and let everyone rally with torches; or, a do what a more reasonable person and not and take it for what it was or is.  Context matters.  If you are trying to out eggshell skull someone with a eggshell skull and assume you understand or know (Godlike powers here) what offends everyone, good luck with that.  The only way you could possibly NOT offend someone at some time is to go live in a cave somewhere and STILL someone would get offended you have a cave.  THIS is why we need to hear from the marching members that were there before all the faux outrage at PR or DCI festers here like the RAMD of old.

You have put so many (wrong) words in my mouth I’ll stop after this.  
Speaking of wrong… I feel that directing an insult based on sexuality, race or anything else that puts a person in the minority is wrong. Maybe that was not what was done in the corps but it is wrong. And that is way beyond the offended/not offended discussion. 
As for broadening my horizons… if you only knew my background 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

11 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

You have put so many (wrong) words in my mouth I’ll stop after this.  
Speaking of wrong… I feel that directing an insult based on sexuality, race or anything else that puts a person in the minority is wrong. Maybe that was not what was done in the corps but it is wrong. And that is way beyond the offended/not offended discussion. 
As for broadening my horizons… if you only knew my background 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

Sounds reasonable.  The rabbit hole does go deep on the offended path I am afraid.

• Like 1

If  abuse or harrassment is involved here why havn't charges brought against  the perpurtrator or the corps.  Surely someone calling someone by a previous name should have the local district attorneys and prosecutors fighting over the chance to take this to court and show how they are protecting the young people in their area.   Let the facts come out in court and the corps and staff member defend themselves there.  This is surely a heinous crime that must be prosecuted.