Phantom Regiment troubles?..

4 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

Thank you for the clarification Jim. Much appreciated.

Thanks, not trying to come across as a know it all on the subject. But have had lot more training on this than a lot of others (starting with Navy’s Operation Tailhook scandal in early 90s) and just want to pass the info along.
Have also seen how the training changed over the decades… seriously the only harassment that was covered the first few years was male harassing female. Last few years had “Sam” and “Taylor” in a scenario.  Then you were told “we picked names that could apply to either gender to get you thinking”.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Maybe it still has not dawned on you, but your post is part of the problem.

"Drum corps" did not do this.  One person did this.  Just one (adjectives withheld per DCP guidelines) person.  There is no evidence that any wider number of people conspired to inflict this behavior on anyone.  In fact, the responses here show a consensus opposing such behavior among the DCP sample of corps people.

We can fret about whether the proper corrective actions are being taken, or whether those actions come fast enough.  But extrapolating guilt-by-association across the entire activity population is not warranted.  (It is a popular tactic advanced by "woke" culture, though, which is probably why that word keeps showing up in responses.)

and a drum corps, which is part of drum corps, doesn't seem to have done a #### thing about it.

how many more stories, about "one person" tied to a drum corps, or several people, tied to a drum corps, ends up ####### it all up for all of drum corps?

thats why your post is far more of a problem than mine. I'm looking macro, you're looking micro.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

and a drum corps, which is part of drum corps, doesn't seem to have done a #### thing about it.

how many more stories, about "one person" tied to a drum corps, or several people, tied to a drum corps, ends up ####### it all up for all of drum corps?

thats why your post is far more of a problem than mine. I'm looking macro, you're looking micro.

Is there a solution you are proposing, then, for this macro problem?

On 12/25/2021 at 8:10 AM, Slingerland said:

Abusive language and actions have no place in the activity, or in the education world, or in the workplace, or in the home.

That’s why DCP makes such a wonderful sanctuary, as it is becoming endangered in all these other places.  

15 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Don't lose your cool. Talk is cheap. 

13 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Yes, it does seem that way to us bystanders.  (Thanks for stating that accurately.)

But how does that make the other 40 corps guilty, other than by association?

Macro?

When I look macro, I see the following results out of the roughly 500 staffers working with the marchers in DCI corps:

Using deadname: 0 out of 500.

Threatening to use deadname: 1 out of 500.

Of all the things that could be an existential threat to drum corps, this one does not appear to be at that level.

• Like 2

On 12/26/2021 at 3:04 PM, skevinp said:

Is there a solution you are proposing, then, for this macro problem?

DCI needs serious teeth when stuff is reported. some corps seem to manage it well, others don't. for all of the ballyhoo after April 2018 and all of the reporting and training and everything that is supposed to be in place, we still hear of stuff happening. Not just older stuff like the cavies thread, but SINCE April 2018. I realize DCI is run by the corps, but when these issues get out, in some way it affects all of them. Maybe some type of financial incentive aka your share gets reduced. maybe hitting them where they need it most would be a wake up call.

note i am not saying to go back and relitigate anything pre-2018. Just anything since. Pio gone. Crossmen so many issues. Shadow. OC. now this with Phantom. I miss anyone?

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Swamptihs said:

Don't lose your cool. Talk is cheap. 

i didn't lose my cool. i only dropped one F bomb. 

8 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Yes, it does seem that way to us bystanders.  (Thanks for stating that accurately.)

But how does that make the other 40 corps guilty, other than by association?

Macro?

When I look macro, I see the following results out of the roughly 500 staffers working with the marchers in DCI corps:

Using deadname: 0 out of 500.

Threatening to use deadname: 1 out of 500.

Of all the things that could be an existential threat to drum corps, this one does not appear to be at that level.

see my post below. since 2018:

Pioneer.

Crossmen myriad of issues.

Oregon Crusaders.

Shadow.

now Phantom. 

oh and cadets issue in 2018, but i think some shenanigans were found that helped the corps side.

of those corps 3 now gone.

i think you underestimate it's impact. 

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

see my post below. since 2018:

Pioneer.

Crossmen myriad of issues.

Oregon Crusaders.

Shadow.

now Phantom. 

oh and cadets issue in 2018, but i think some shenanigans were found that helped the corps side.

of those corps 3 now gone.

And that entire list are corps who suffered from other more dangerous, pervasive issues.  Which is my point.